Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Performance Enhancement
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma Counselling
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Life Stress Reduction (LSR)
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR)
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.scintillatherapy.com
Hello! I offer online counselling in the following areas:
- Trauma (abuse, accidents, and major life events; contractor with ICBC, CVAP, and BC Emergency Health Services).
- Anxiety (social anxiety, specific phobias, death anxiety, health anxiety, general anxiety).
- Chronic illness and pain (autoimmune disease, emotional management of chronic health issues, chronic pain).
- Performance enhancement (sports and business performance, anxiety).
- Relationship Skills/Communication Skills and Boundary Setting (communication techniques, boundary-setting techniques, emotional regulation techniques. My book, The Conversation Guide: How to Skillfully Communicate, Set Boundaries, and Be Understood, is available at www.TheConversationGuide.com and through Amazon).
Techniques I use:
EMDR - For trauma, anxiety, and performance enhancement. Certified by EMDRIA (EMDR International Association) achieving extensive training in various subtopics of EMDR.
CBT - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Additional professional development in anxiety, depression, mindfulness, and life skills.
DBT - Dialectical Behavioural Therapy. Emotional regulation, interpersonal skills.
Non-judgmental to humans of all gender identities, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds. I have worked extensively with LGBTQ2S+ populations, poly/Ethical non-monogamy groups and individuals, as well as trans and non-binary folks.
My style is very practical and goal-oriented; I want to help people achieve what they came to counselling for! I provide clients with tangible skills to help them with their goals. A strong, trusting relationship can yield amazing results!
Please contact me via the email form on this page or via phone. I get back to emails within 48 hours. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) Gottman Couples Therapy
Client fee individuals:140/hr
Client fee couples/families:$168/hr