Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Relaxation Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.communicatingwell.com
So....you are thinking about counselling....and maybe wondering where to start? It takes a lot of courage to take that step....to look at ourselves and at our relationships. Despite all our experience, skills and strengths, sometimes life can get overwhelming, leaving us feeling unsure of what to do....just knowing something needs to change...
Maybe some of these thoughts are familiar?
- I can’t stop thinking and its driving me crazy!
- I base my actions on other people's feelings and needs. I don’t even know what I need, let alone how to ask for it!
- I feel so stuck and overwhelmed, how do I move forward?
- I’m afraid of making the wrong decision – how do I trust my decisions?
- I want to put my past in the past, but old feelings keep surfacing (and I think it’s affecting how I act and my relationships)
- I go from zero to panic and I don't know how to control my reactions
- I find it hard to feel truly happy whatever happiness may be
These stuck places can be painful and confusing. At the same time, they can offer unique opportunities for growth and transformation, both in relationship with ourselves and with those around us.
I believe that we are all worthy and capable of transformation and wholeness. I also believe that some of our experiences, beliefs and stories can result in self-protective barriers that can limit our ability to be fully present in our lives and connections with others. Working together, using various tools and techniques, I can help you to explore and experiment with new ways of seeing, being and connecting.
Using a holistic approach I draw from a number of therapeutic models, and humour is no exception. How we work together will vary according to your goals and personal preferences. Regardless of the approaches that we may use, my priority is to offer a safe and comfortable environment in which to explore your thoughts and concerns and to develop or expand your existing perspectives and skill sets in order to achieve your goals.
I look forward to the opportunity to work with you.
Call or email to set up a free 15 minute phone consultation
“Christopher Robin to Pooh: Promise me you'll always remember, you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” -A. A. Milne
- Focusing-Oriented Therapy
Client fee individuals:$175/60min (including GST)
Client fee couples/families:$215/75min (including GST)