Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anger Management Issues
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Family Violence
- Life Transitions
- Racism Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Cross Cultural Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Family Systems
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Online / Virtual
Other languages spoken
I remember my first experience with a counselor…at first, I was overwhelmed, anxious, and a bit apprehensive. As I shared my story, my skepticism decreased and I was comforted by the thought that I was in control of my life. There are many challenges that can get in the way of healthy relationships with others and our own self, but you don't have to face these issues alone. I believe that a counselor is a guide in a clients journey of healing and self-awareness. My practice is rooted in a holistic approach and I utilize techniques that integrate physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual health. I speak Punjabi & English.
I have over 15 years experience working with individuals suffering from a variety of issues including mental health concerns, substance use, domestic violence and anger management. I work with you at your pace to increase positive emotions, strengthen connections with loved ones, build resilience, & heal from past experiences so you can focus on the future.
My vision is to guide clients, so they are empowered to make positive decisions in their life. I am committed to fostering a safe, confidential, and trusting therapeutic alliance with clients so they can start on their journey of healing. I strive to honor each clients story and experience by providing counseling that is specific to individual needs.
I direct bill to Insurance Corportation of BC, First Nations Health Authority and Crime Victims Assistance Program. Please feel free to contact me to schedule your complimentary 15 minute consultation.
- Justice Institute of BC November 2015 ▪ Certificate in Advanced Facilitation & Consultation
- Substance Abuse Management Core Program-Trainer and Facilitator Justice Institute of BC 2008, 2014
- Respectful Relationships Core Program- Facilitator Justice Institute of BC 2009
- Violence Prevention Core Program- Trainer and Facilitator Justice Institute of BC 2008, 2015
Client fee individuals:120 (Fees can be reduced upon sliding scale)
Client fee couples/families:150 (Fees can be reduced upon sliding scale)