Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Stress Management
- Women's Issues
- Brief Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Satir Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.judithbarnard.com
Are you a woman who suffers from the debilitating and distressing effects of anxiety, panic, and depression?
The most common reasons for experiencing anxiety and depression are:
- Family Dysfunction
- Family of Origin Issues
- Outdated Beliefs, Expectations, Family Patterns
Brain research has proven that our brains are malleable and can be changed at any time, any age. This is good news for those suffering from anxiety and depression. We can rewire our brains by:
- Modifying or replacing beliefs, expectations and family patterns
- Learning wholesome ways of coping
- Framing our experiences positively
- Living mindfully
Living mindfully is an umbrella term which has a number of components which significantly reduce anxiety and depression. These components include:
- Living in the present moment. When you are thinking of what might happen, you are spiralling into anxiety. When you are thinking about the past, you are spiralling down into depression
- Following your breath in and out
- Being grateful
- Finding the positive
- Privileging your strengths over your weaknesses
- Getting out into nature
Practicing new ways of being and doing create increased resilience, insight and the ability to manage our emotions without becoming overwhelmed by them.
Additional benefits of counselling with me include:
- Greater independence
- Emotional and physical well-being
- More compassion, empathy, and appreciation for yourself and others
- Less judgemental of yourself and others
- Less perfectionism
- Better self-care
My qualifications, professional and personal experience are well-suited to helping women who suffer from panic, anxiety and depression. I have a MSW from Wilfrid Laurier University with a focus on Individuals, Families and Groups. I am a Registered Social Worker who has worked with individuals, couples and families for close to 20 years.
For several years now, I have focused my practice on helping women with panic, anxiety and depression. I am happy to help female teenagers with anxiety as long as a parent, preferably the mother, is present.
Personally, I have felt the pain of panic attacks and depression. I have also felt the peace, comfort and independence that comes from managing them. I can help you.
- Satir Transformational Therapy
Client fee individuals:$120.00 for 60 to 70 minutes