Areas of practice
- Child Behaviour
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Parenting Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- Stepfamily Adjustment
- Trauma Counselling
- Adlerian Therapy
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Family Therapy
- Feminist Psychotherapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:counsellinghome.ca
I invite you to explore your courage and your challenges with online/phone counselling. As you meet with me on Zoom or as we speak on the phone, an experience of interpersonal connection and of listening, witnessing, and reframing is available. The tools in my toolbox work well remotely, and may bring about a sense of calm and connection.
My counselling practice is now fully online/remote. My fees are now more flexible, in consideration of those whose livelihood has been impacted by the covid crisis. (Please inquire.) And, as before, I continue to offer a caring, open, inclusive, and confidential space for folks of diverse cultural backgrounds, genders, sexual orientations and identities, religions, lifestyles, relationship preferences, and life and family situations.
We may meet only a few times, or your process may be longer. Whether for one session or many, as the counselling process unfolds you will:
- find focused solutions to life's challenges
- work through current life issues: career, relationships, parenting, sexuality, self-esteem (these and all issues seem to be highlighted by the coronavirus crisis)
- resolve distress: learn to work through anxiety (yes, this is possible!), heal from depression, destructive behaviour, stress, anger, family conflict
- transition from surviving to thriving
- make and sustain positive transformation - within yourself and with the significant others in your life
Your innate strength, as well as your intention to transform the difficulty you are experiencing, will be our guides in your counselling process. I am committed to supporting your goals and your growth, healing, and optimization as you experience them.
I look forward to welcoming you to my practice.
My practice is located in East Van on Commercial Drive. I am currently welcoming folks for in-person appointments.
Whether in person or remotely, when interacting with me you will find a supportive space to heal and grow as an individual and in your relationships. You will be listened to and understood. You will find guidance and encouragement as you create a more fulfilling life, within yourself and also with your loved ones. If you are facing a life transition or a 'rough patch' (as we all are now), if the current situation is challenging and feels painful, I will assist in finding a map for the path you are walking, so that you may navigate through successfully.
If you and your spouse or partner are ready to work together to heal what has been hurt and to restore safety and vitality to your relationship, I will help by facilitating that process. Monogamous and non-monogamous (open, poly) relationships are welcome.
If you are a parent, I will help you access the guide you wish your kids had come with, so that conflict will decrease and cooperation and joy will increase in your home. This is possible in times of social distancing, too!
It's not easy to reach out and take the first steps in searching for a counsellor who will be a good fit for you. So I'd like to thank you for reading my listing to the very end and considering working with me. One more piece of information I consider important for you to know before you decide whether you would like to contact me is that I work with the archetype of the "wounded healer". This means that I, too, have experienced deep, dark, and stuck places in my life. From that perspective, I know how important it is to have a caring, encouraging, non-judgmental, and supportive therapist during tough times and transitions. Welcome.
- Couples counselling: ICASSI 2017 Group counselling: ICASSI 2017 Psychodrama: ICASSI 2018 Holistic Adlerian counselling: since 2010
Client fee individuals:$140/hour+GST. Sliding scale spots may be available. Please inquire.
Client fee couples/families:$180/hour+GST