Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Eating Disorders
- Life Balance
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Relaxation Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.discoverycounselling.ca
On-line video and telephone counselling sessions currently available.
Hi, my name is Heather Rattai and I’m a Registered Clinical Counsellor who has specializes in:
- Issues with food, eating or body image
- Eating disorders
- Mothers who are feeling overwhelmed, overloaded and unsure where to turn next; motherhood issues
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Anxiety, depression and stress
You might be feeling overwhelmed, frustrated or unsure where to turn next. Maybe you've tried self-help books, done internet research, or thought that you just needed more willpower to change the situation. If you are tired of feeling overloaded, tired out, guilty, anger or frustrated with your situation, then talking with me can help.
My job is to help you overcome your current challenges and reach your goals. I provide a safe, private, non-judgmental environment where you can feel comfortable discussing your concerns. With over 20 years of experience helping people resolve their problems, I believe we can find an approach that works best for you.
You may have searched on the internet or even read some books to deal with your situation, but investing the time to meet with a counsellor can accelerate your progress and help you solve your current problem. One benefit of individual psychotherapy is that we can develop a strategy designed to meet your unique needs.
Working with me can help you:
- Learn to change your relationship with food and ways to engage in food in a loving way so you won't be scared of the fridge (you don't have to give up ice cream or gluten!)
- Understand yourself and learn other ways to deal with your situation
- Stop feeling overwhelmed, and overloaded
- Gain more energy, and feel more present with your family
- Heal from trauma, emotional distress and disturbing life experiences and to feel more whole
Let's work together to solve your problem, so you can experience relief and results sooner!