Areas of practice
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Grief and Loss - General
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.heatherprice.ca
Hello. My name is Heather Price and I have had a private practice in Nanaimo since 1997. Starting out as a music therapist, I later went back to school and received a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology. In addition to being a Canadian Certified Counsellor I am certified as a Crisis Worker through the American Association of Suicidology.
Personal distress and individual crisis can manifest in many ways such as depression, anxiety, stress, anger, low self-esteem, loss of purpose in life, and thoughts of suicide. We can struggle with these ways of being for months or years without reaching out for help and support. If this describes you, know that life can get better. I provide counselling and psychotherapy to help clients work through issues that are interfering with their quality of life, helping each to achieve personal growth and healing.
Whatever the issue or therapeutic approach being utilized:
• I provide a safe, confidential, and compassionate environment, always working from a client strength-based health perspective.
• I work within a holistic framework through which clients gain increased self-awareness, self-acceptance, and healing in all arenas of their life.
• I help clients work through areas of dysfunction, and to develop new and more adaptive ways of being - ways that are free from disruptive thoughts, feelings, and behaviours.
• I help clients tap into their own strengths and resources to rediscover their own meaning and to attain greater joy in life.
In the words of Dr. Seuss:
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
My wish for you is to be the best Youest you can be.
Client fee individuals:$100.00 or pay-what-you-can per 60 minute session.