Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Adolescent Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Trauma Counselling
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:http://balancingmindscounselling.ca/about/
Harj is a Registered Clinical Counselor (RCC) with BC Association of Clinical Counsellors holding a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology from Yorkville University. She has considerable experience working with a diverse population of children, youth and families in the Lower Mainland over a 15-year span.
Over the years of volunteering and working Harj learned that acceptance is a value she wants to practice without judgment. She became passionate about supporting her community while achieving individual balance and wellness.
While meeting with clients she considers the importance of past experiences, current state of body and mind, as well as future goals. Harj is compassionate in connecting with clients and maintains a goal of providing a safe place for clients to share personal thoughts and experiences.
Being present in each moment allows Harj to focus on a strong therapeutic relationship with clients, and collaboratively establish and work toward their goals.
Areas of Focus: Individual, couple and family counselling. Anxiety, depression, life transitions, trauma, emotional regulation, self esteem and personal development.
- San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training2022 Indigenous Canada2021 Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Level 1 Affect Dysregulation, Survival Defenses, and Traumatic Memory2020 Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Level 1 2019
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Forum: Building Capacity for Assessment and Treatment of Children and Youth 2019 Emotion-Focused Family Therapy Training, 2017
- Introduction to DBT with Adolescents In a Community Mental Health Setting 2016 CBT for Anxiety & Related Disorders in Children and Youth Training 2016
- Early Psychosis Intervention Provincial Training Program, 2015-2016 Connect Parent Group Training, 2015 Attachment, Self-regulation and Competency Training, 2014 Selective Mutism Treatment Training, 2014
- Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk Training, 2014 Trauma Focused-CBT Training, 2014 Masters of Arts in Counselling Psychology, 2010-2013 Practical DBT Strategies for Self-Injury Workshop2013
Client fee individuals:$120-$130 plus tax
Client fee couples/families:$130-$140 plus tax