- Plaintext email only
- Replace anxiety or depression with peace of mind and contentment
- Defeat negative thought patterns and beliefs
- Manage strong emotions such as anger, fear or sadness
- Learn strategies to stay calm and resilient during times of stress
- Put grief and loss behind you so you can live for today
- Create satisfying relationships that last by improving communication and trust
- Develop addiction recovery plans that work
- Overcome emotional wounds caused by abuse or trauma so you feel in control of your life
- First, we will clarify the personal or emotional challenges you are facing that are preventing you from having the life you want and deserve.
- Next, we will help you create a detailed picture of what you want your life to look like once these problems are behind you. In other words, your vision of a better, more fulfilling life.
- Then we will identfiy your counselling goals - the results you are seeking to help you achieve your vision of the life you desire.
- Fourth, we will help you understand and deal constructively with your thoughts and emotions, as you discover and implement the solutions, tools, strategies and steps that will help you reach your goals.
- Finally, we will work together regularly - usually weekly - until you achieve your goals.
If you are struggling with anxiety, chronic grief, love addiction, family scapegoating or relationship difficulties, counselling can help you overcome the pain and get your life on track.
Whether you are experiencing recent challenges, or dealing with long-standing problems therapy can help you to:
Counselling can help you rebound from emotional pain and distress so you can achieve a life based on optimism, resilience and fulfillment.
My therapy style is flexible and practical and designed to help you overcome problems and meet your goals as quickly as possible. I have a tailor made counselling approach based on your unique needs.
Here's how we will work together as a team to get your life moving in the direction you want:
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor, Canadian Certified Counsellor and Certified Addictions Counsellor providing Video Counselling Services across BC and around the world by Skype or VSEE. You may be eligible to receive some financial coverage for my services through your workplace extended benefits plan, private insurer or as a university or college student.
To get started on moving your life forward today, please go to my website to download my free EBook: Stop the Struggle - 5 Steps to Breaking Free from Chronic Stress, Anxiety, Grief or Sadness. You can also check out my Blog for access to dozens of free self help articles to help you feel better faster.
Need Help Right Now? Please Visit My Website to Request an Appointment.
For further information, visit Glynis Sherwood's website.
Please Note: My counselling services are available by Video only. I am now based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, but maintain my status as a Registered Clinical Counsellor in BC, meaning that BC residents may be eligible for reimbursement for counselling through extended health benefits or insurance plans.