Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Family Systems
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Spiritual Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.gwenscottcounselling.com
Welcome to Gwen Scott Counselling. Thank you for taking the time to read this synopsis of who I am as a therapist and the professional services I offer.
It has been my privilege to serve clients in the Ft. Langley and Fraser Valley Areas over the past 14 years as a clinical therapist. I am a graduate of TWU with a Masters Degree in Counselling. I also have worked for many years as a Registered Nurse in a local hospital. My careers have given me the opportunity to assist others professionally for over 45 years.
As a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) my practice includes working with:
- individuals - anxiety, depression, grief, boundary setting, relationships
- couples - communication, problem solving, intimacy, parenting
- family groups - communication, mediation, boundary setting
- premarital couples - comprehensive assessment of compatibility, relationship skills
- domestic abuse - assessment, safety issues, resources, recovery
Since 2003 I have also worked with clients who suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) by using a treatment modality called EMDR. I invite you to browse my website for more detailed information on this and other topics.
My years of education, training and experience have been tempered by life’s challenges. These experiences have allowed me to mature both personally and professionally. My clients describe me as a warm and safe professional who is skilled in coaching them to resolve their concerns. My passion is to assist clients to embrace wholehearted living for themselves.
I invite you to browse my website to see if my services match your needs. Feel free to contact me for a free 15 minute telephone consult, send an email to ask for more information, or book an appointment. I look forward to hearing from you.
Client fee individuals:$100.00/hr
Client fee couples/families:Couples $100.00/hr, Families $120.00/hr, Premarital Counselling $500.00 for 6 sessions