Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal
- Intimacy Issues
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Postpartum Depression
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP)
- Mindfulness approaches
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
Counselling practice website:www.elanasures.ca
You're on this site checking out counsellors because, presumably, you want one or many aspects of your life to be going better. Perhaps you are:
- struggling with a stressful life event and need support and coping strategies to help you manage more effectively
- weighed down by feelings of failure or inadequacy, and wish you could gain more confidence in yourself
- longing for a more satisfying relationship with your partner or children, but find it challenging to change your relational patterns.
Good news: quality therapy can help you to start make changes that improve your life and relationships.
If you're looking at my profile, you may be wondering how I will work with you. In my sessions with clients, we explore:
- your current struggles and concerns
- relationships that feel stuck, disappointing or conflict-ridden
- painful emotions, such as sadness, anger, anxiety and guilt
- longstanding issues that are contributing to your suffering
I want to understand your struggles and strengths as much as possible, so that means working with the 'here and now,' but also exploring your current issues within a broader context of attachment patterns, relationship/family dynamics, beliefs and values. This helps make our work together more effective and tailored specifically to you. If you feel like you keep getting stuck on the same issues, and that sometimes you are just spinning your wheels, this is probably a great time to engage in counselling.
Good therapy is only possible when there is a solid therapeutic relationship. A counselling session in which there is a strong therapeutic alliance is often experienced by the client as an enormous relief. Clients have told me that my candidness, curiosity, and warmth allowed them to experience emotions and explore issues that previously felt untouchable or threatening. A relationship such as this allows me to challenge clients when necessary, and provide effective interventions that go beyond one-size-fits-all platitudes.
In the 15 years that I have been a counsellor, I have encountered a rich variety of people and issues, and have observed themes in the concerns with which many people struggle. We long to be more connected to others and to feel safe being vulnerable in our relationships, if only our insecurities didn't stop us. We wish that we could have the courage to make changes, if only we weren't so terrified of the uncertainty. We wish that we could respond to stress and anxiety more effectively, without over reacting or shrinking into avoidance - if only that weren't so difficult! These "if onlies" compete with our natural drive for authenticity.
If you are looking for a therapist to help target areas of your life that you believe could be working better, please contact me for a free phone consultation. You can also book appointments online at: www.calendly.com/elana-sures
I look forward to exploring how we can work together.
Online booking is possible at: www.calendly.com/elana-sures
Please check out my website and blog to get a sense of my therapeutic approach and my work. Better yet, you can reach me by phone or email to schedule a free initial phone consultation so that you can determine whether I am a good fit for you.
Client fee individuals:$135 per 60 minute session