Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Autism and Developmental Disorders
- LGBTQ Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Body Centred Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Energy Psychotherapy
- Internal Family Systems
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:emmaellison.com
Emma Ellison Counselling
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor and integrative psychotherapist. I am located in Vancouver and I work with people who live throughout BC.
Just as a seed will grow into a plant, and a plant will seek water and grow towards light, there is an intrinsic capacity within all living organisms to heal and to grow, and a natural inclination to move in this direction.
My practice is guided by trust in the wisdom of this inner healing intelligence. I integrate mind-body therapies using an approach that is holistic, collaborative, and non-pathologizing.
My work is grounded in lived experience and over 15 years of training, education, and direct service in trauma-informed and queer- and gender-affirming settings. I hold a Masters degree in counselling psychology, and I pursue ongoing professional development. Some of my areas of interest include neurodivergence, developmental/complex trauma, spiritual emergence, and the intersections of these experiences.
I work with people navigating a range of life experiences relating to:
- Identity and expression of self, including all aspects of gender and sexuality
- Trauma, including attachment injuries and religious trauma
- Unconventional relationships and family systems
- Emotional self-awareness, regulation, and expression
- Neurodivergence/neurodiversity, including autism, ADHD, HSP, and giftedness
- Spiritual emergence and inquiry
I welcome you to reach out, and I look forward to connecting with you.
- Internal Family Systems (Richard Schwartz)
- Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy (Daybreak Therapy & Training)
- Dynamic Emotional Integration (Karla McLaren)
- The Art of Holy Listening: Contemplation & Accompaniment (Vancouver School of Theology)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) with Couples (Vancouver Couple & Family Institute)