Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Gender Identity Issues
- LGBTQ Issues
- Life Transitions
- Postpartum Depression
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Energy Psychotherapy
- Existential Analysis
- Integral Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Jungian Psychotherapy
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Somatic Approaches
Counselling practice website:emmaellison.com
Just as a seed will grow into a plant, and a plant will seek water and grow towards light, there is an intrinsic capacity within all living organisms to heal and to grow, and a natural inclination to move in this direction. My approach is guided by trust in the wisdom of this inner healing intelligence.
I integrate body-mind-spirit traditions using an approach that is holistic, co-creative, and affirming of divergent and non-dual ways of being, thinking, and relating.
Areas of focus
I work with people navigating a range of life experiences relating to:
- Sense of Self
- Emotional and somatic awareness and expression
- Trauma resolution and personal growth
- Psychospiritual inquiry, development, and emergence
- Rites of passage and psychospiritual transformation, including pre-birth, birth, coming of age, midlife, and beyond
This includes therapeutic and ceremonial support in areas such as:
Pre-birth and birth experiences and memories; Family of origin and relationships; Life transitions; Stress and overwhelm; Depression and anxiety; Anger and grief; Guilt and shame; Social and cultural conditioning; All aspects of gender and sexuality; and Psychedelic preparation and integration.
I am a holistic practitioner working in the realms of transpersonal psychotherapy, spiritual care, and psychedelic integration, with a focus on pre-birth and birth awareness and consciousness-based healing. Birth psychology and work with non-ordinary states of consciousness are areas of special interest.
I welcome you to reach out with any questions at all or to schedule an initial conversation to see if this feels like the right fit.
- Wise Woman Way of Birth (Gloria Lemay)
- The Way of the Psychonaut (Grof Legacy Training Canada)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (Pat Ogden)
- Hakomi Method (Manuela Mischke-Reeds)
- Internal Family Systems (Richard Schwartz)