Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Autism and Developmental Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Parenting Issues
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Reality Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:https://www.neurodiversityawarecounselling.com/
*Taking new clients**
Do you find it challenging to navigate a world where your way of thinking sets you apart? As a Registered Clinical Counsellor, a learning consultant and a neurodivergent individual, I have more than 20 years of experience working in the fields of Autism, anxiety, ADHD, and learning differences.
What does it mean to be neurodivergent? You don't need a diagnosis; if you believe your thoughts, perceptions or feelings differ from the norm, that's what matters. Doctors traditionally diagnose many neurodivergent people as having conditions like anxiety, ADHD, Autism, or learning differences like dyslexia. My research shows that many unpleasant symptoms are triggered, magnified and maintained by harmful social contexts that don't recognize the needs and characteristics of neurodivergent people.
I've developed "Neurodiversity Aware Therapy" to support neurodivergent people with their unique life experiences. This approach celebrates diverse minds, seeing differences as strengths rather than deficits. It's evidence-based and client-centered, aiming to empower individuals rather than pathologize their differences.
My practice caters to teens and adults, offering 1:1 counselling sessions. I also offer sessions for parents of neurodivergent children. I offer online counselling in Vancouver, Kelowna, Prince George, and across BC, and outdoor walk-and-talk sessions in the Kootenays for a relaxed and safe therapeutic experience.
I am a federally recognized expert and doctoral-level researcher in the neurodiversity field.
- Founder and teacher of Neurodiversity Aware Therapy (NAT) - The founder of NAT, I am a federally recognized expert in Neurodiversity and Autism.
- Natural Learning Relationships (NLR) - Trained and certified by Ba and Josette Luvmour, the founders of NLR, to provide NLR to Neurodivergent families and individuals.
- Trained and experienced with Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Trauma-based approach, Structural Family Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Client fee individuals:120
Client fee couples/families:120