Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Compassion Fatigue
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Death and Dying
- First Nations Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Grief and Loss - Pets
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- School/Work Adjustment
- Suicide Bereavement
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Group Therapy
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative Therapy
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
- Response-Based Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.oaklandsrcc.com
Grief and Loss. Life Changes. Compassion Fatigue. Burn out. Stress.
Denise Mansell, MACP is a Reg'd Social Worker, Reg'd Clinical Counsellor and Grief Therapist with a wide range of training and experience in helping people move through the hard times. Using a blend of down to earth but evidence-based tools, Denise works with you, tailoring her approach to meet your unique circumstances and needs. An integrative model may include Cognitive Behavioural or Emotionally Focused therapy, psychotherapy, specialized Grief Work, or relaxation and somatic exercises... no one-size fits all. The aim is always to support both progress and safety, whether you are exploring day-to-day issues or facing deep physical and emotional challenges.
- Compassion Fatigue & Professional Burn Out
- Grief & Bereavement, including Clinically Complex Grief
- Registered Counsellor and therapist for First Nations Health Authority, MMIWG and IRS
- Life Transitions
- Survivors of violence, Sudden Loss, Traumatic Stress.
- Relationship Challenges
- Stress & Anxiety
- Companion Animal Loss Grief
- Palliative Support
- Approved service provider for Crime Victim Assistance (CVAP) and First Nations Health programs.
- Social Work Services available include Supervised Visitations, PWD Assessment & assistance (Section 3), reports, and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Support (accompanied by primary).
Oaklands offers evening, family support or on site appointments depending on circumstances and availability (i.e.. hospital, home, event)
As a counselor who has lived, loved and worked with animals all my life, I continue to study the power of human animal connection. I respect the depth of the love and the impact of loss in all its forms, and specialize in grief support for companion animal loss and palliative care. This grief is often misunderstood or ignored in our culture. Seeking out support when you need it can help you you move forward through your journey.
Support is also available for coping with palliative challenges and veterinary visits, at home or on site. Please consult with your Veterinarian if you wish to integrate Oaklands support to meet your needs. Information packages are available that can help explain these options.
Approved provider First Nations Health (Crisis/IRS), EAP Health Canada, V.A., Crime Victim Assistance Program, MCFD, Lifeworks as well as other insurance provider programs.
Client fee individuals:Clinical Counselling $120./hr. Social Work Services rates $126/hr to $146.00/hr by arrangement.
Client fee couples/families:Site/home visits (palliative, loss, family or individual) $126./hr.plus travel