Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD
- Autism and Developmental Disorders
- First Nations Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Feminist Psychotherapy
- Grief and Loss - Complicated.
- In Person Counselling
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Self Regulation Therapy (SRT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Somatic Approaches
- Trauma Informed Stabilization treatment (TIST)
- Walk and Talk Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.carolinemiegecounselling.com
I am able to bring my years of experience with counselling to you, offering culturally safe, trauma informed and evidence based treatments. We will build on your skills and strengths, working together and drawing from community to obtain the results you want from counselling.I am influenced by a number of therapeutic modalities, but my approach is based on being person-centered, meaning that I strive to understand the client’s point of view, and create a relationship that is caring, genuine and non-judgmental.
My practice strives to be anti-oppressive and to provide culturally responsive care. I have supported clients who are Indigenous throughout Canada. I completed the SAN’YAS: Indigenous Cultural Safety Training. As a social justice advocate I am an ally for the LGBQ2S+ community. I have specialized experience working with people who are neuro-divergent.
The relationship with a counsellor is where the greatest potential for change begins in therapy. This relationship is important so to explore if I would be a good match for you I offer a free 15 minute consultation.
Client fee individuals:140.00