Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Grief and Loss - General
- Intimacy Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Family Systems
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
Counselling practice website:www.carlygoodfellowcounselling.com
Are you struggling with your feelings day after day? Do you feel life is harder that it needs to be? Are you moving from one unsatisfying relationship after another? I have over 12 years experience as an empathic and relational Registered Clinical Counsellor, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and Integrative Psychotherapist for individuals, couples and families who are struggling with the debilitating effects of depression, generalized and social anxiety and relationship difficulties.
I am compassionate towards the unnecessary suffering you might experience when living with such issues and am committed to helping you reclaim a joyful and fulfilling life. Working with me you can find helping relief and freedom from your struggles, greater personal awareness and more confidence within yourself and relationships.
You do not need to suffer all on your own. You deserve to have someone 'on your side'. I provide a safe, supportive and confidential environment to facilitate positive, lasting changes such as:
- Improved self-esteem, self-compassion and confidence
- Greater confidence and fulfillment in relationships
- Improved communication and conflict resolution for families and couples
- Relief from chronic anxiety, fears and worries that hold you back
- Healthy anger management and greater awareness root causes
- Help and support through trauma and relief from post-trauma stress
- Increased tools to come out of depression and into vitality and joy
- Support with working through disordered eating and addiction issues through finding healthier ways of managing your feelings
- Improve sleep, relaxation and concentration levels
As an Integrative Psychotherapist and Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, I draw from various schools of research-based psychotherapy including relational, person-centered, psychodynamic and creative methods and tailor my approach to what best serves your individual needs. First and foremost, through my warm and friendly approach, I am committed to fostering an accepting and transformative therapeutic client-therapist relationship where you can feel validated, heard and affirmed as a springing board for healing and growth.
Alongside my private psychotherapy practice, I am an avid musician, dancer and songwriter and am passionate about the healing effects of the expressive arts. In 2009, I conducted exciting research in Therapeutic Voicework and am keen to integrate this powerful therapeutic tool where it fits in therapy. I hold an MA in Integrative Psychotherapy from the University of Birmingham, UK and am a member in good standing with the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis. Alongside my psychotherapy practice I also am trained in Imago Relationship Therapy and Developmental Couples Counselling. Read more about my relationship repair work with couples and families on the following page.
I am currently accepting new clients and look forward to hearing from you.
Couples Counselling and Relationship Psychotherapy in Vancouver, BC
Are you struggling in your relationships? Where there are sturdy, solid relationships - life thrives. I know and understand how strained and unfulfilling relationships can cause pain, sleepless nights and sap the joy out of your life. I am dedicated to being a compassionate and effective couples counsellor and relationship psychotherapist to help you and your loved ones feel more connected, re-establish a base of respect and nurturing and carve out the kind of relationships that you desire.
Why Work With Me
I have undergone years of rigorous training in Canada and the UK in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy - a model that incorporates many complimentary schools of psychotherapy with a focus on dynamics of relationships. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor in BC and a member in good standing with the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
Some of the benefits of working with me include:
- Learn and develop dialogue and communication skills to feel more connected and supported
- Restore respect, compassion and empathy with one another
- Heal from relationship ruptures (infidelity, emotional disconnection)
- Put the passion and fun back into your relationship
- Improve self-esteem, anxiety and depression by strengthening relationship bonds
- Recover vitality, hope and get your lives back on track
Client fee individuals:$150 + GST per 55min session
Client fee couples/families:$170 + GST per 55min session