Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Child Stress and Trauma
- Grief and Loss - General
- Intimacy Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Mindfulness approaches
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL COUNSELLING
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- TELEPHONE COUNSELLING
- VIDEO COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:www.carlygoodfellowcounselling.com
*Due to the current health crisis I am pleased to offer online Videoconferencing and TeleHealth options for counselling and hypnotherapy appointments. As we all maneuver through this unprecedented change, I am committed to providing compassionate support to help you feel grounded and restore a sense of calm, uncover a sense of inner strength and resiliency and build connections with your loved ones.*
You are not alone.
Are you struggling with your feelings day after day? Do you feel life is harder that it needs to be? Are you moving from one unsatisfying relationship after another? I have over 12 years experience as an empathic Registered Clinical Counsellor and Certified Counselling Hypnotherapist for individuals, couples and families who are struggling with the debilitating effects of depression, panic, social anxiety, trauma and relationship difficulties.
You do not need to suffer all on your own. You deserve to have someone 'on your side'. I provide a safe, supportive and confidential environment to facilitate positive, lasting changes such as:
- Improved self-esteem, self-compassion and confidence out in the world
- Process emotional pain and grief with compassion support
- Build inner resources and learn how to access your Wise Mind
- Self and Spirituality exploration - connect with your inner compass
- Process single-incident trauma, recover from PTSD and feel more like yourself again
- Greater confidence and fulfillment in relationships
- Improved communication and conflict resolution tools for families and couples
- End panic and get relief from chronic anxiety, fears and worries that hold you back
- Increased tools to come out of depression and into vitality and joy
- Support with working through disordered eating and addiction issues through finding healthier ways of managing your feelings
- Learn to experience joyful feelings, loving-kindness and feel confident in your ability to connect with others
Why work with me
First and foremost, through my warm and friendly approach, I am committed to providing an accepting and transformative therapeutic relationship where you can feel safe, validated and heard as a springing board for healing and growth. I draw from various schools of research-based, client-focused psychotherapy including Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Clinical Hypnosis, Psychodynamic and Mindfulness based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I am trained in relational psychotherapy which means I tailor my approach to what best serves your individual needs.
Alongside my private psychotherapy practice, I am an avid musician, dancer and songwriter and am passionate about the healing effects of the expressive arts. In 2009, I conducted exciting research in Therapeutic Voicework and am keen to integrate this powerful therapeutic tool where it fits in therapy.
I am currently accepting new clients and look forward to hearing from you.
Online Therapy - Videocounselling and Telehealth
Due to the current health emergency we are all facing, all my sessions have been moved online to Videoconferencing or Telehealth platforms.
There's no time like now to give online counselling a try. Online counselling is an effective and very accessible way to get much needed mental health support to end painful cycles of depression, anxiety and stress, trauma wounds and relationship stress. Virtual therapy has been gaining popularity over many years. Since you can choose your own comfortable space to talk it can often provide that extra bit of comfort to enable a deeper conversation.
I take confidentiality and client safety very seriously. For this reason I use a PIPEDA compliant Videoconferencing and TeleHealth platform called Doxy. It provides end-to-end encryption and never stores any of your personal information. This means it is a confidential conversation that you can trust. Once we are ready to start our session, you simply click on a link that takes you directly to my online waiting room. A computer, iPad or even a smart phone works. As long as you have a space that you feel safe and comfortable in with a decent internet connection, we can begin our therapeutic journey together.
I also provide phone session options through Doxy or traditional landlines. Contact me for more details.
Couples Counselling and Relationship Coaching Online
Couples sessions are also very effective online and can provide that extra convenience of not needing to co-ordinate schedules and travel to my office. Since Doxy provides group call options, you can both even be in separate locations if need be.
Why work with me
I have undergone rigorous psychotherapy training in Canada and the UK. I hold an MA in Integrative Psychotherapy from the University of Birmingham, UK. I strongly believe in an ethical, research-informed practice that follows current developments in applied neuroscience. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor in BC and a member in good standing with the Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis. I also am trained in Imago Relationship Therapy and Developmental Couples Counselling and am currently completing my Level 1 Sensorimotor Psychotherapy training.
I stay updated on best practices for providing clinical counselling online and am trained to provide sensorimotor and clinical hypnosis over videoconference. I have been providing online therapy for several years and so have developed tools for ensuring it is a good therapeutic experience for you. During our video session, since the Doxy video is in HD (if your camera allows) and provides a good connection, the feedback has been that after a while it starts to feel like we are in the same room. Much like in person appointments, I will keep connecting with you to make sure you are having a good experience. Also, if during our session there are any resources such as worksheets or MP3 that will be helpful for you I can deliver them to you through secure file transfer.
Why not give online counselling a try? I offer a free 15 minute Videoconferencing consultation so you can see for yourself how virtual counselling can work for you. Feel free to give me a call or check out my online booking for available times.
I look forward to connecting with you online!
- Mastery in Clinical Counselling Hypnotherapy 2019 Certified Counselling Hypnotherapist CHyp Member of Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis since 2015
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy. Level 1 training due to complete April 2020
- Bader Pearson Developmental Couples Training - Level 2 completed 2012
Client fee individuals:$150 + GST per 55min session
Client fee couples/families:$170 + GST per 55min session