- Plaintext email only
- pain management
- developing relaxation skills (biofeedback may be used for this)
- learning about how the recovery process works
- dealing with recovery frustration
- understanding how pain works
- dealing with depression and anxiety
- resolving the impact on self esteem and identity
- addressing issues of grief, loss and anger
- helping with sleep difficulties
- learning to adjust to how your life has changed
- working on relationships that have been impacted
- addressing any traumatic experiences
For further information, visit Cindy Fisher's website.
Cindy Fisher obtained her Master's Degree in Psychology in 1987 and is a Registered Clinical Counsellor with offices in Qualicum Beach and Nanaimo. In addition to her private practice, she has been a consulting counsellor at CBI Health Centre in Nanaimo since 1998.
Her primary focus is offering individual therapy to adults who are recovering from accident or injury, or who are dealing with chronic pain or illness. Most people find that every area of their lives are impacted at some point in the recovery process. Counselling addresses these areas such as:
To help with this process, Cindy has developed the RECLAIM Program to teach the principles and guide people through the steps for taking their lives back from pain or illness and increase their quality of life. Please check out the website for more information. As part of this program, Cindy has developed 4 audio CDs to help with relaxation, pain management and sleep, which are available through her website.
As well, Cindy has a more general part of her practice, offering counselling services for those dealing with depression, anxiety and panic, stress, grief and loss, low self esteem, challenges with life transitions, anger, and when you just need help figuring things out. Her website has more information about her background and counselling approach.