Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Divorce and/or Separation
- Grief and Loss - General
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Group Therapy
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING
Counselling practice website:www.safehavenbc.com
If you have reached the point of wanting to go to therapy, you believe you aren't able to continue as you are without support. This awareness alone is a great first step towards change and shows a tremendous amount of courage and intention.
I offer both in -person and online therapy for individuals, couples and groups.
As your counsellor, I am here to journey with you through your struggles and help you move towards a new place of awareness, healing and growth. Whether you are struggling with relationships issues, stress, depression, anxiety or grief, I will work with you from a compassionate and non-judgemental stance, helping you to uncover the blocks that are preventing you from living your best life.
I work from an attachment-based perspective, which draws on your first experiences with your primary caregiver as an infant. Attachment theory has proven to be one of the most useful and revealing discoveries in human psychology and provides foundational awareness for how and why we relate to others and ourselves as we do. I also work from a spiritual perspective, supporting your faith and practices and bringing them into the counselling room in whatever format you feel most comfortable with.
If you are dealing with any of the following, I can help....
- Divorce/ breakdown of a long-term love relationship
- Unresolved trauma
- Relationship conflict (including: infidelity, communication issues, intimacy problems)
- Stress at work/home
- Grief, due to any loss or major life change
- Midlife transitions (menopause, empty nesting, marriage problems, career changes)
- Self-esteem and identity issues
- Family conflict (teens, parents, overall)
- Career fatigue or burnout
Why work with me?
Studies show that the relationship between counsellor and client is the most important determining factor for success. There are many counsellors out there to choose from and the process of finding the right one can be both daunting and expensive. For this reason, I offer a free 20 minute consultation either in person or via telephone so you can determine whether I am the right person for you.
If we work together you can expect the following:
- Empathic and non-judgemental care
- Email access between sessions
- Full one-hour sessions
- Attention to the problem from a mind/body/soul perspective
- A focus on your strengths and values
- Ability to provide regular visits (if necessary)
- A non-biased perspective, particularly in couples work
- A warm, friendly, and caring relationship
- Trained in Gabor Mate's Compassionate Inquiry (CI)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing)
Client fee individuals:$120 + GST
Client fee couples/families:$150 + GST