Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Chronic Illness
- Eating Disorders
- Family Conflict
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Online/ Virtual Counselling
- Skype/Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.blissmentalhealth.com
I am committed to you living a healthy life with meaning.
I am a Registered Social Worker (RSW) who sees clients at offices in Fairview and Baker Street in Nelson. Secure Online/Video counselling is also available.
I have specialized trainining in EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing for trauma, PTSD, anxiety, depression, OCD, and more.
Counselling can help with a wide range of concerns from improving your mental health and energy level to finding meaning and purpose and strengthening your relationships. I use a variety of counselling modalities including, but not limited to, EMDR, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), strengths-based/solution-focused, mindfulness, and counselling for grief, work conflict/interpersonal, chronic pain, and substance use. Most insurance plans accepted.
Who I see
While my focus is adults and late teens, I offer free phone consultations to determine if your adolescent or child would be a good fit.
Polyamorous and LGBTQ2+ welcome.
- Master of Social Work (Clinical MSW)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Addiction Medicine Diploma, BC Centre on Substance Use
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) for difficulty getting past distressing memories of any kind. Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) Certificate for Trauma
Client fee individuals:Please inquire for sliding scale
Client fee couples/families:$120-$140