Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Chronic Illness
- Eating Disorders
- Family Conflict
- Online/ Virtual Counselling
- Skype/Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.blissmentalhealth.com
I am committed to you living a healthy life with meaning.
I am a Registered Social Worker (RSW) who sees clients at offices in Fairview and Baker Street in Nelson. Online/Video/Phone counselling is also available.
New!! EMDR Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing for trauma, PTSD, anxiety, depression, OCD, and more!
Counselling can help with a wide range of concerns from improving your mental health and energy level to finding meaning and purpose and strengthening your relationships. I use a variety of counselling modalities including, but not limited to, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), strengths-based/solution-focused, mindfulness, and counselling for grief, work conflict/interpersonal, chronic pain, and substance use. Most insurance plans accepted.
Who I see
While my focus is adults and late teens, I offer free phone consultations to determine if your adolescent or child would be a good fit. I have special training and interest in working with minors in the following contexts:
1. Family counselling (or parent/child dyads).
2. Parenting strategies counselling with optional occasional sessions
with the child alone.
3. Eating disorders, preoccupation with weight/body image, or a medical
condition that impacts eating (e.g., type 1 diabetes or other condition
requiring a special diet).
4. Adolescents with Borderline Personality Disorder willing to engage
in long-term counselling using Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
Holistic Health Coaching also available.
Polyamorous and LGBTQ2+ welcome.
- Master of Social Work (Clinical MSW)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Addiction Medicine Diploma, BC Centre on Substance Use
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) Certificate, CPTWeb, for Trauma
Client fee individuals:Please inquire for sliding scale
Client fee couples/families:$100-$120/hr