Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Chronic Illness
- Eating Disorders
- Family Conflict
- Online/ Virtual Counselling
- Skype/Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.blissmentalhealth.com
I am committed to you living a healthy life with meaning.
I am a Registered Social Worker (RSW) who sees clients at offices in Fairview and Baker Street in Nelson. Online/Video/Phone counselling is also available.
New!! EMDR Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing for trauma, PTSD, anxiety, depression, OCD, and more! Inquire about special rates while under supervision.
Counselling can help with a wide range of concerns from improving your mental health and energy level to finding meaning and purpose and strengthening your relationships. I use a variety of counselling modalities including, but not limited to, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), strengths-based/solution-focused, mindfulness, and counselling for grief, work conflict/interpersonal, chronic pain, and substance use. Most insurance plans accepted.
Who I see
While my focus is adults and late teens, I offer free phone consultations to determine if your adolescent or child would be a good fit. I have special training and interest in working with minors in the following contexts:
1. Family counselling (or parent/child dyads).
2. Parenting strategies counselling with optional occasional sessions
with the child alone.
3. Eating disorders, preoccupation with weight/body image, or a medical
condition that impacts eating (e.g., type 1 diabetes or other condition
requiring a special diet).
4. Adolescents with Borderline Personality Disorder willing to engage
in long-term counselling using Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
Health Coaching also available.
Polyamorous and LGBTQ2+ welcome.
- Master of Social Work (Clinical MSW)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Addiction Medicine Diploma, BC Centre on Substance Use
- Currently completing EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) for difficulty getting past distressing memories of any kind. Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) Certificate for Trauma
Client fee individuals:Please inquire for sliding scale
Client fee couples/families:$120-$140