Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Bullying - Workplace
- Career Issues
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Intimacy Issues
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Men's Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Racism Issues
- Sports Performance
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cross Cultural Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Motivational Interviewing
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Process Work
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:oneheartclinic.ca
Hello and Welcome!
Finding the right counsellor is not an easy task but it is an important one. The stressors of our everyday lives can become tough to handle thus I hope to share a collaborative path which will help you navigate obstacles while reaching your goals and working towards personal growth.
My name is Balraj Singh, and I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). After receiving my bachelor's in Psychology from the University of British Columbia, I obtained a Master of Counselling degree from City University of Seattle, in Vancouver.
My passion for mental health began when I started to realize the lack of resources available for members of my community and members of other marginalized communities. As I pursued my education, I worked on various mental health initiatives that focused on creating a safe space to conversate about mental health while ending the stigma surrounding it.
- As I progress in my professional development, I am fortunate enough to work with clients belonging to diverse backgrounds, genders, personalities, and mental health issues. In working with my clients, I am able to work on building my professional abilities through experiencing a wide range of obstacles presented by the client thus enabling me to develop a method of counselling that best fits my values of empathy, togetherness and understanding.
- I believe the therapeutic modality used in counselling sessions is heavily based on a client's needs. Accordingly, my approach to counselling focuses on connecting with clients to truly understand the obstacles they are struggling with. Although my approach to counselling is developed through the use of cognitive-based therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), culturally sensitive therapy, solution-focused therapy, dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), and motivational therapy, I recognize and emphasize creating a safe space while using a process which incorporates therapeutic modalities that best fit the client’s needs.
I look forward to meeting you and doing some great work together!
I offer sessions in English, Punjabi, and Hindi.
- Trauma-Informed Practice Training Level 1 Completed at Trauma Informed Practice Institute 2023
- Trauma-Informed Practice Training Level 2 Completed at Trauma Informed Practice Institute 2023
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy Skills Training DBT Workshop with Rob Mcleod 2023
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy University of Northern British Columbia 2023
Client fee individuals:150.00+GST
Client fee couples/families:180.00+GST