Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Career Issues
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Cross Cultural Issues
- Family Caregiver Stress
- First Nations Issues
- Grief and Loss - General
- Personal Growth
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Assault
- Stress Management
- Trauma Counselling
- Workplace Issues
- Brief Therapy
- Communication Skills Training
- Cross Cultural Therapy
- Observed Experiential Integration (OEI)
- Online/ Virtual Counselling
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Skype/Video Counselling
- Telephone Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.drbarbaraharris.com
CERTIFIED EMDR Therapist
EMDRIA Approved Consultant
Do you feel
- stuck in patterns of thinking, feeling or behaving which are detrimental to your life goals?
- overly anxious or nervous?
- listless, sad, or hopeless?
- alone in the world?
- unimportant, or have low self esteem?
- unable to recover from a traumatic event in your life?
- overly stressed or burnt out?
- unable to overcome relationship issues?
- that things are OK but there's just something missing in your life?
If you have any of these concerns, counselling will help.
My education includes a Doctor of Philosophy degree from Simon Fraser University’s Faculty of Education and both a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Social Work from UBC. I am also a Certified EMDR Therapist and EMDRIA Approved Consultant. I provide consultatoin to other EMDR Therapists wanting to develop their knowledge and expertise using EMDR. I am also a board member of EMDR Canada. I additionally am trained in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Observed Experiential Integration (OEI), Cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques, Life Skills Coach Training, and Gottman Couples Therapy (Levels I, II and III).
I see clients throughout the Lower Mainland (including Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, Richmond, North and West Vancouver) at my West Vancouver office which is located directly across the street on the east side of Park Royal South Shopping Centre.
I am available Monday to Wednesday in West Vancouver between noon and 5 PM. Please call reception at 604-921-6924 to book an appointment.
Client fee individuals:180 per 50 min session