- Plaintext email only
- stuck in patterns of thinking, feeling or behaving which are detrimental to your life goals?
- overly anxious or nervous?
- listless, sad, or hopeless?
- alone in the world?
- unimportant, or have low self esteem?
- unable to recover from a traumatic event in your life?
- overly stressed or burnt out?
- unable to overcome relationship issues?
- that things are OK but there's just something missing in your life?
- trust and commitment have been negatively affected by ongoing unresolved issues
- you feel you don't know each other anymore and/or you are leading parallel lives
- fondness and admiration have been replaced with negativity
- conflicts are not getting resolved successfully
- there is a lack of support and shared meaning
CERTIFIED EMDR Therapist
EMDR Consultant in Training
Do you feel
As a couple, do you find that:
If you have any of these concerns, counselling will help.
My education includes a Doctor of Philosophy degree from Simon Fraser University’s Faculty of Education and both a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Social Work from UBC. I am also a Certified EMDR Therapist, which means I have not only completed level 1 and 2 of the training, but have also participated in a rigorous consultation process, which gives me further expertise. I am also an EMDR Consultant in training and am currently a board member of EMDR Canada. I additionally am trained in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Observed Experiential Integration (OEI), Cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques, Life Skills Coach Training, and Gottman Couples Therapy (Levels I, II and III).
I see clients throughout the Lower Mainland (including Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, Richmond, North and West Vancouver), with 2 locations to serve you. The downtown office is conveniently located in the downtown core, just one block from the Canada Line Waterfront Skytrain Station, and various parking facilities. The West Vancouver office is conveniently located beside Park Royal Shopping Centre.
Client Fee Individuals:
Client Fee Couples/Families:
For further information, visit Barbara Harris's website.
I am available Monday to Thursday in West Vancouver between 11 and 7 PM.
I am at the downtown office only on Friday afternoons, and am currently not taking new referrals at that office, except for intake. Clients must be willing to attend the West Vancouver Office for ongoing treatment.