Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- School/Work Adjustment
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.DrAdrienneWang.com
We all have the potential to make meaningful changes to lead the lives we desire.
I specialize in helping adults with various concerns such as obsessions and/or compulsions, chronic worrying, social anxiety, panic attacks, health anxiety, perfectionism, body-focused repetitive behaviours (e.g., hair-pulling, skin-picking), phobias, depression, and stress associated with academic/work demands and life changes (e.g., relationship breakup, pregnancy, new baby).
I am a Registered Psychologist (#2009) and a Certified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist with 15+ years of clinical experience. I greatly enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life. My therapeutic style is sincere and unassuming. I bring compassion to each session as I work collaboratively with my clients to explore difficult issues.
The foundation of my therapeutic approach is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). I also incorporates elements of CBT variants (e.g., Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Compassion-Focused Therapy) that emphasize mindfulness, acceptance, self-compassion, and effective management of difficult emotions. These elements offer additional means for meeting your needs and goals.
Through the process of therapy, I aim to empower you to develop new understandings, address challenges, and adopt practical coping tools, all to help you to move forward with more confidence.
Considering therapy is a significant step for many. I welcome you to get in touch. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can use the email link or call: 604-967-3351
- I completed my doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology. My doctoral research focused on deepening our understanding of Obsessive-Compulsive and Generalized Anxiety Disorders.
- I received specialized training in treating anxiety disorders and related conditions during my residency at the Anxiety Disorders Unit, UBC Hospital.
- Prior to my own private practice, I was a staff psychologist at Changeways Clinic where I worked for 13 years.
- I also worked at the Vancouver CBT Centre and Vancouver General Hospital’s Cross-Cultural Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic, providing specialized treatment and training.
- In addition to my clinical practice, I worked as Program Director for AnxietyBC (now AnxietyCanada), focusing on making evidence-based resources on anxiety widely available.
Client fee individuals:$225/50-min session