Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Cross Cultural Issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Communication Skills Training
- Integrative Psychotherapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Jungian Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:Www.maitherapy.com
Alia Mai is a registered clinical counselor (RCC) experienced in working with anxiety, depression, addictions, relationship struggles, family and social issues regarding race, culture, religion and identity, women who are victims of sexual trauma or abuse, and individuals struggling to define their life purpose.
She is trained in and informed by:
-Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
-Mindfulness Based Therapy
-Strengths based & Client Centered therapy
-Trauma Informed practice
Alia uses a combination of modalities and tools in her work with clients and takes a direct and engaging approach in her practice.
She specializes in recognizing intersectional experiences of trauma that include gender, race and identity, and seeks to provide support around navigating power dynamics within work, family, dating, sexual, and other kinds of relationships. Please see website for more in depth information on Alia and her practice.
- Trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Addictions and Harm Reduction approaches, Narrative Therapy,
- Empowerment and strengths based, cultural and racial awareness, psychodynamic, Somatic Experiencing.
Client fee couples/families:$150/hr