Areas of practice
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Racial Identity
- Racism Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Adolescent Therapy
- Body Centred Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Humanistic Therapy
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Online / Virtual / Telehealth Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Video Counselling
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:www.creatingchangecounselling.com
I believe that everyone deserves to live life to their best potential. However, in life, challenges, past struggles, a crisis or other issues may prevent us from living our optimal life. As an experienced counsellor for over 17 years , I believe that if individuals are given an opportunity they will be able to find their inner resources and strengths. It is never too late to make positive changes and live the life you want.
Change comes in many different forms. Small changes can have a ripple effect in your everyday life and can eventually lead to bigger ones. Therapy can be a very powerful tool in healing and discovering your strengths and capabilities.
I have worked with clients who are struggling with many diverse issues such as:
– Relationship issues (couples and individual)
– Women’s Issues
– Growth and Personal Development
I consider each individual unique and therefore work with them according to what best fits their needs and lifestyle. I am trained in a variety of modalities of therapy and I customize my approach to each client’s needs.
My holistic approach to counselling allows me to incorporate an individual’s mind, body and spirit in the therapy process. I strongly believe that individuals are experts on their own lives and encourage them to be active participants.
I work within an anti-oppressive and trauma-informed framework. As a woman of colour, I am also genuinely dedicated to being part of the healing and empowering process for racialized and marginalized communities. I am a strong ally for the LGBTQ2+ community. I provide a safe and nurturing environment for all my clients so they can be heard, seen, and understood.
My intention is to help people live life to their fullest potential by creating positive changes such as:
– Decreasing and managing anxieties and worries
– Improving mood and enhancing quality of life
– Healing past or recent trauma
– Reducing distress in couples relationships and increase emotional connection
– Overcoming destructive patterns
– Becoming unstuck and moving towards living the life they desire
– Increasing self-esteem and confidence
– Improving cross-cultural relationships and other cultural challenges
– Making meaningful and long lasting lifestyle changes
Living the life you want is possible.
- I specializing in working with racialized and marginalized individuals and couples.
Client fee individuals:$160
Client fee couples/families:$180