Areas of practice
- Death and Dying
- Dissociative Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Gender Identity Issues
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal
- Performance Enhancement
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Assault
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Feminist Psychotherapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Jungian Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Online/ Virtual Counselling
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Skype/Video Counselling
- Somatic Experiencing
Counselling practice website:www.aileyjolie.com
I am passionate about embodiment. About supporting others to live fully and wholly within the wisdom of the body. This is mirrored in my work as a trauma therapist and disordered eating specialist, yoga and meditation guide, and internationally published author.
In my clinical practice as a Registered Clinical Counsellor (#16525) I work with individuals who have experienced trauma and no longer feel safe in their body. I assist clients in their process of coming home to their body through somatic and mindfulness based psychotherapies. I use a multidisciplinary, personalized approach that looks at the roots of the disconnection to the body. Using my training in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Focusing Oriented Therapy, Emotion Freedom Technique, Somatic Experiencing, EMDR, and Hakomi. These are the same approaches that helped me reconnect to my body after sexual exploitation. I come to my work as a therapist from a place of transparency and honesty. Acknowledging that I am human first, therapist second.
In my work with Disordered Eating clients I focus on getting the core sense of disconnection with the body and the emotions that are fueling a person's eating pattern. Together, the client and I work on building a positive self-concept that will transform the client's relationship to food and their relationship to self. I believe that the relationship we have with ourselves is mirrored in everything we do; show up in both food and exercise behaviors. Using my training in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, I help people feel safe, secure and confident so that they can take the first steps towards a healthier, happier and more wholesome relationship with food and body.
My practice focuses on healing the relationship with the body due to both my formal education and life experiences. I have completed a Masters of Counseling Psychology and continue to learn as a student in a joint Master of Arts and Doctorate in Depth Psychology with Emphasis in Somatic Studies program at Pacifica Graduate Institute.
I am a member with the Academy of Eating Disorders and Eating Disorder Hope an affiliate of the National Eating Disorder Association.
If you are curious about fit I offer a fifteen minute free phone consultation (with no obligation) that can be scheduled online at anytime. Additionally, I offer yoga and meditation workshops regularly in Vancouver & Victoria, British Columbia; another opportunity to feel out my 'vibe'.
"My wish for you is that you learn how to find pleasure in your spirit's growing pains, that you become humbled by the human's resilient capacity to heal, that you learn to know yourself intimately, act fully, make friends with messiness, be radically raw, flawed, vulnerable, imperfect and live in the wisdom of your body..." - Ailey Ella
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Basic Training: Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Compassionate Inquiry Workshop with Gabor Mate Compassionate Inquiry Year Long Training with Gabor Mate *
- Introduction to Dialectical Behavioural Therapy Skills The Basics of Trauma Treatment with Leslie Ellis, PhD Eating Disorder Intuitive Therapy: Certified One
- Somatic Experiencing: Beginner One Somatic Experiencing: Beginner Two Somatic Experiencing: Beginner Three Somatic Experiencing: Intermediate One Somatic Experiencing: Intermediate Two *
- Level One: The Gottman: Couples and Family Therapy Demystifying Dreamwork * Two Year Focusing-Oriented Therapy *
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Level One Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Level One (Assistant) Hakomi Essential Skills Level One & Two: Emotional Freedom Technique
Client fee individuals:150.00 - 210.00