Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anger Management Issues
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Self Harming Practices
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Adolescent Therapy
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Divorce Mediation
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals
- Family Systems
- Marriage & Couples Counselling
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Other languages spoken
Counselling practice website:https://otwcounselling.com/
I started Out of the Woods Counselling with the goal of providing individuals, couples and families with evidence-based interventions and techniques to relieve them of challenges that keep them stuck - depression, anxiety/OCD, post traumatic stress, relationship difficulties, self harm, and addictive behaviors. I have been working in the mental health field for a little over ten years now, in health care and private practice settings. I have worked with a broad range of populations, including those nearing end of life, struggling with addictions, and children and youth experiencing acute mental health crises. I obtained a Bachelor in Social Work from the University of Victoria in 2016 and then went on to complete a Master of Social Work, with a clinical specialization, at the University of British Columbia in 2018.
In addition to my university education, I have also completed post-graduate training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Exposure Response Prevention, Emotion Focused Family Therapy, Somatic Experiencing (ITATM model), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
My objective is to support people to heal patterns of unhelpful thoughts and behaviors that are passed down through generations. Together we can work to break these cycles. Talk therapy certainly has its benefits, however I seek to be creative and apply evidence-based treatment plans for each individual based on their needs. I hope you will join me as we walk this path together.
"We're all just walking each other home." - Ram Dass
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Exposure Response Prevention, Emotion Focused Family Therapy, Somatic Experiencing (ITATM model), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Client fee individuals:150
Client fee couples/families:160