Areas of practice
- Addictions - Including Substances
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Dissociative Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Grief and Loss - General
- Intimacy Issues
- Life Balance
- Life Transitions
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Women's Issues
- Brief Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Family Systems
- Humanistic Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative Therapy
- Psycho-Educational Assessment
- Response-Based Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.partnershipinmovement.com
**Currently connecting with clients over the phone or via video counselling.
I believe healing is a collaborative venture; you can expect to find in me a therapist that is compassionate, non-judgmental and transparent. My approach is one that uses curiosity to explore, understand and appreciate you wholly - your unique story. Together in this therapeutic exploration, we will exchange the roles of learner and expert to better understand and appreciate one another.
Stories are ways in which we explain and understand our past and our present experiences. The stories uncover our beliefs and values, they help to shape and influence our lives. Most importantly, they play a crucial part in our developing future.
Let’s discover together how to alter the narrative, by leaving behind the elements that are no longer valuable to us, that cause us harm or excessive stress. This allows the internal space to bring in helpful elements that will instead provide a healthier, calmer and flourishing future.
I have over 12 years of experience working and volunteering with high risk and marginalized communities. I have vast experience counselling clients with mental health wellness specifically in the areas of disordered eating, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and substance / behavioural concerns. My background enables me to be an extremely effective social worker who is comfortable counselling diverse groups of people.
- Relevant Education: • Masters of Social Work Degree, Dalhousie University • Addictions Medicine Diploma Program, BC Centre on Substance Use
- • Bachelors of Social Work Degree, University of Victoria • Women’s Studies Associate Degree, Langara College • Aboriginal Counselling Skills, VCC
- • Addictions Counselling Program, VCC • Concurrent Disorders Training, Canadian Mental Health Association • Counselling Skills, Adler School of Psychology • Registered Social Worker
Client fee individuals:$140 - $180
Client fee couples/families:$190