Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma Counselling
- Workplace Issues
- Body Centred Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Telephone Counselling
- Video Counselling
Counselling practice website:www.richmondcounselingclinic.com
Dr. Dietrich has extensive experience and training in the area of psychological trauma, such as childhood abuse, interpersonal violence (e.g., domestic violence, sexual assault, physical assault), motor vehicle accidents, sudden death of a loved one, serious physical health problems, and other types of traumatic experiences.
Dr. Dietrich has worked in the Outpatient Psychiatry Department at Vancouver General Hospital assessing and treating a wide range of problems. She has also worked at the Eating Disorders Clinic at St. Paul's Hospital, as well as Correctional Service of Canada and the Canadian Forces.
She has taught Psychology at Simon Fraser University and at the University of British Columbia, as well as Behavioural medicine with the Family Practice Department within the University of BC Faculty of Medicine.
Dr. Dietrich provides evidence-based treatments for various problems, including anxiety, posttraumatic stress, depression, dissociation, relationship problems, and others. She treats adults (aged 18 and older), couples and families.
In psychological treatment, there is not a "one size fits all" approach to selecting treatment approaches and interventions. To be most effective, treatment must be geared to the individual problems that people are dealing with and to the preferences of the individual seeking treatment.
Dr. Dietrich is trained in a variety of treatment approaches and regularly attends conferences and workshops to keep up to date on treatment interventions. Her selection of treatment interventions is determined by her client's unique needs and presenting problems, and are chosen in collaboration with her clients.
Examples of treatment approaches she has been trained in and uses include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Trauma-Focused CBT, Hypnosis, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Client-Centered Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Couples and Family Counseling approaches, and Sensorimotor psychotherapy.
- I am fully trained and experienced with Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT) which may involve psycho education, relaxation skills, imaginable exposure and in vivo exposure.
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy. Level 1 This approach is an alternative to TFCBT and involves processing sensory (physical) aspects of traumatic stress.
- EMDR Level 1. Dr. Dietrich will discuss the nature of each of these approaches in more detail
- Hypnosis. Dr. Dietrich uses hypnosis/guided relaxation and visualization to assist clients with reducing stress and anxiety.
- Dr. Dietrich is currently involved in training to become certified in Internal Family Systems Therapy.
Client fee individuals:$200 per hour
Client fee couples/families:$200 per hour