Areas of practice
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anxiety and/or Panic
- Child Stress and Trauma
- Grief and Loss - General
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Animal Assisted Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Mindfulness approaches
- Narrative Therapy
Counselling practice website:www.lindsayroadcounselling.com
My counselling approach is primarily person centred. I believe that you have a unique journey and have within yourself the resources needed for healing and growth. Genuine connection, empathy and unconditional acceptance can create the trust needed to explore those resources and the challenges and barriers that might be keeping you stuck. Methods and interventions from other approaches such as cognitive behavioural therapy and narrative therapy are used when they align with your needs and counselling goals. The counselling process is collaborative and you set the pace. My practice is always trauma-informed meaning that creating and maintaining a sense of safety is the number one priority.
Nature can help us connect to ourselves and to each other. It allows us to withdraw from our stress and rejuvenate. Nature slows us down, removes distractions and can quiet our minds. As a result, space is created for processing, deeper exploration and growth. Sessions with me can take place inside or outside. This choice might benefit people who are uncomfortable in a traditional office setting.
- Horses can help communication when finding words is too hard. They communicate feeling with non-verbal behaviour. Noticing horse behaviour can help you to become more connected with your own bodily reactions and feelings.
- Horses move and can keep us moving during sessions which allows tension and stress to move through and out of your body.
- Horses are very attuned to their environment in the here and now and can help reduce anxiety through grounding in the present.
- Horses are large, powerful animals. They can help you to feel empowered by helping you overcome fears.
- Horses are also very attuned to their environment in the here and now. Being present with horses can help ground, build safety and create connection.
- Finally, horses can invite touch and physical connection which can provide comfort, affection and even love.
Equine facilitated counselling might be a good fit if talk therapy alone has not been effective or does not feel right for you. Challenges addressed for children, youth and adults include trauma, anxiety, depression, burnout, life stressors, abuse, substance use, grief and loss. Therapy groups and workshops are also available on a customized basis.
Please call 604 417-0446 for more information.
- 16 month internship in equine facilitated counselling
Client fee individuals:$120 plus gst
Client fee couples/families:$125 plus gst