Trauma Counselling, Addiction - Social Media Addiction Counsellors
Trauma Counselling, Addiction - Social Media Addiction
Trauma counselling can assist with a wide range of internal emotional reactions to devastating situations. Some people experience things as more traumatic than others, and therefore they will need help in coping the emotional burdens of an event or situation.
Stressful events such as death of a loved one, rape, abuse, accidents, divorce, violence or bullying can leave people unable to cope or process the emotional burdens. However, it is not only events linked to the individual personally, but also being a witness to events that might leave a person with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This includes being a victim to violence or natural disasters - there is no limit to the causes of trauma.
In the case of PTSD, people can develop many different psychological reactions, as determined by their own coping skills, emotional stability and background. Symptoms of PTSD include a anger, depression, flashbacks, insomnia, nightmares, social withdrawal, loss of self esteem and confidence, and substance abuse.
It takes a strong person to have the courage to stand up and request trauma counselling. This is no time to compare yourself to other people in similar situations, but rather to recognize that everyone has a different reaction to trauma. Therefore, it is important to address the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder as soon as possible to help you deal with emotions in a healthy way and to overcome the difficulties you are facing. Trauma counselling can help avert potentially more severe psychological disorders, that can occur if PTSD is left untreated.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who provides trauma counselling to address your posttraumatic stress management issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
A Harvard University study indicates that social media can be addictive both physically and psychologically. Self-disclosure online can trigger areas of the brain that are also triggered when taking an addictive substance.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Addiction - Social Media Addiction filterAddiction - Social Media Addiction
- (-) Remove Trauma Counselling filterTrauma Counselling
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addiction - Internet (2)Apply Addiction - Internet filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Compassion Fatigue (1)Apply Compassion Fatigue filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (1)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Dissociative Disorders (1)Apply Dissociative Disorders filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Obesity (1)Apply Obesity filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- Racism Issues (1)Apply Racism Issues filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Sexual Assault (1)Apply Sexual Assault filter
- Stress Management (2)Apply Stress Management filter
- Unwanted Habits (1)Apply Unwanted Habits filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Developmental (1)Apply Developmental filter
- EMDR (2)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Meditation (1)Apply Meditation filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- Observed Experiential Integration (OEI) (1)Apply Observed Experiential Integration (OEI) filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (2)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Transpersonal (1)Apply Transpersonal filter
- Video Counselling (2)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Visualization (1)Apply Visualization filter