Sleep Difficulties-Adults, Narcissistic Personality Disorder Counsellors
Sleep Difficulties-Adults, Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Sleep difficulties in adults can occur for a great number of reasons, both common and unusual. For most people, sleep is a routine, but many people experience sleep difficulties, such as insomnia on a fairly regular basis. While it usually clears us in a short while, it can become a long-term problem, because sleep is important for our bodies and minds to stay healthy.
Sleep difficulties can, after a few weeks, cause a person to feel tired all the time, and cause them to nod off during the day. Difficulty concentrating, making decisions and feeling depressed are some of the symptoms of sleep difficulties. People who perform jobs that require a lot of concentration, such as operating heavy machinery or driving, can pose a danger to themselves and others if they suffer from sleep difficulties. Over time, sleep difficulties can lead to high blood pressure, overweight and diabetes.
Many situations can contribute to sleep difficulties, including too much noise or light in the bedroom, a bed that is too small or uncomfortable, or a partner with a different sleep pattern. Lifestyle choices such as smoking, going to bed too late, lack of exercise, consuming caffeine, no set bedtime routine, and illness can also cause insomnia.
A therapist can help you deal with sleep difficulties, by using progressive muscle relaxation therapy, sleep restriction and cognitive therapy.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers sleep disorders counselling to address sleep difficulties you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Narcissistic Personality Disorder filterNarcissistic Personality Disorder
- (-) Remove Sleep Difficulties-Adults filterSleep Difficulties-Adults
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (2)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression (1)Apply COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (2)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Infidelity (1)Apply Infidelity filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (2)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- EMDR (2)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Focusing (1)Apply Focusing filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Imago Relationship Therapy (1)Apply Imago Relationship Therapy filter
- Life Stress Reduction (LSR) (1)Apply Life Stress Reduction (LSR) filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (2)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) (1)Apply Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter
- Somatic Transformation (1)Apply Somatic Transformation filter