Retirement, Women's Issues Counsellors
Retirement, Women's Issues
Retirement can sometimes bring about mixed emotions. Some people grab the opportunity with both hands, while others have a different vision of it. However, most people do see it as the end of an era and the beginning of a new life with many unknown challenges. It is quite natural to feel a sense of anxiety at the prospect of changing your life so drastically.
People who have had an active, successful career are more likely to become depressed at retirement. However, life expectancy is on the increase and people have more disposable money resources, which contribute to a better quality of life, and that opens up the opportunity for living a new and exciting life.
However, without proper planning and creating structure, there is a lot of insecurity. It is common to feel depressed and overwhelmed. If you feel like nervous about the prospect of retirement, or if you need assistance in deciding what to do with your life when you stop working in formal employment, it might be a good idea to speak to a therapist.
A psychologist or counsellor who offers coaching people before, during and after retirement will help to bring stress symptoms to normal levels, and help you to understand your personal qualities. He or she will help you to find ways to fill up the empty time and finding purpose, using your personal life goals and aspirations as a guide.
Goals change over the years as you evolve as a person and it is important to change your actions to ensure that you live life to the fullest.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers retirement counselling to address your stress, and anxiety due to retirement you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Women are complex, and often their need to feel heard and understood is not met in society. In this world, women are required to listen and to care, when they are often the ones who need nurturing, too. Therefore, talk therapy has been found to be extremely beneficial in dealing with women's issues.
Talking can help a woman to better understand the feelings, thoughts and beliefs that manifest in certain unwanted behaviors. It can help pave the way to empowerment in terms of decisions and self-acceptance, two elements that can improve relationships and life in general. Working through these issues is essential because it determines a woman's experience of life and the people around her.
Women's issues are often at play when someone has experienced abuse (physical, emotional or sexual), relationship problems, physical conditions, family problems, or loss. Those issues can make anyone feel lonely or isolated, depressed, lacking confidence, anxious or stressed.
Talk therapy includes one-on-one consultations that will help you to learn to set clear boundaries, gain assertiveness and build self esteem in order to gain more control. In cases that involve other family members, group sessions will help to redefine relationships, improve communication and resolve resentment and anger issues. Businesswomen can benefit from women's issues counselling by learning how to develop themselves and to achieve work-life balance.
Counsellors and psychologists who deal with women's issues provide a safe and confidential environment in which you can express yourself, process your emotions and restructure your thoughts, while learning how to assert yourself as a woman in today's fast-paced world.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers talk therapy or counselling to address your women's issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Retirement filterRetirement
- (-) Remove Women's Issues filterWomen's Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Visualization (1)Apply Visualization filter
- Vocational Counselling (1)Apply Vocational Counselling filter