Professional Burnout, Stress Management Counsellors
Professional Burnout, Stress Management
Professional burnout is becoming more common in people who have to carve careers in this competitive economy. While there are more and better opportunities for people to advance their careers, there are also more issues that add to stress in the workplace.
Typically, professional burnout is caused by issues such as endless tasks, under-employment, inadequate pay, difficult clients, bureaucracy, conflicting roles, and perfectionism. Some of the more difficult causes include deficits in emotional and social skills and conflicts between workplace and personal values.
A person who is dealing with professional burnout will usually feel extreme physical and emotional exhaustion, as the result of prolonged stressed. Cynicism and low levels of career satisfaction, or even indifference are common symptoms of professional burnout. People with professional burnout will struggle to concentrate and have poor problem solving abilities.
Professional burnout can cause a range of health problems as a result of chronic stress, and symptoms may include insomnia, headaches, and frequent colds. People often self-medicate and start using substances such as sleeping pills, alcohol, mood elevators or cigarettes, which pose more serious health risks.
A therapists who offers professional burnout will be able to help the person to identify issues that could lead to burnout. He or she will help identify stressors and find solutions, or even help you define the best career for you by using standardized tests that measure strengths and weaknesses.
Some careers predispose people to professional burnout, such as police officers, customer care consultants, lawyers, nurses, social workers and teachers. Emotional involvement in high stress environments make professional burnout prevalent in these professions.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers professional burnout counselling and other career-related issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
While stress is a normal part of our modern, everyday lives, it can also have dramatic side effects. Chronic stress can lead to behavioral issues, such as drug abuse that can harm relationships. However, most commonly, chronic stress can affect a person's physical health in a number of ways. Many people avoid asking for help in coping with stress management, accepting it as a common hazard of today's fast-paced life.
Yes, at some point everyone suffers from challenges with stress management, but if at any point in time you feel like you have trouble handling it, it is time to get help. Signs that you are not coping with stress management includes a change in your sleeping or eating habits, feeling physically unwell (headaches, ulcers, frequent colds and flu), reduced productivity and decreased pleasure in activities you enjoyed before.
Stress is common when dealing with life changes or situations such as job losses, getting married, breakups or divorces, discrimination, parenting, moving house, death of a pet or loved one, being diagnosed with a serious medical condition.
Therapy can help you to better deal with stress management issues. Negative moods reduce the quality of several aspects of our lives, including productivity and interpersonal relationships. Through cognitive restructuring, negative thoughts can be challenged and rescripted to help you create a more positive mindset.
Stress can often cloud the validity of our interpretations of certain events and circumstances, and cognitive restructuring challenges those assumptions. In the case of invalid interpretations, the way we think about situations naturally changes, which has a positive effect on our moods and ability to handle stress better.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who will help you manage stress more effectively you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Professional Burnout filterProfessional Burnout
- (-) Remove Stress Management filterStress Management
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anger Management Issues (2)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (6)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Cancer Care and Support (1)Apply Cancer Care and Support filter
- Career Issues (3)Apply Career Issues filter
- Caregiver Support (1)Apply Caregiver Support filter
- Chronic Illness (2)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Compassion Fatigue (1)Apply Compassion Fatigue filter
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression (1)Apply COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (1)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (6)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (2)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Caregiver Stress (2)Apply Family Caregiver Stress filter
- Grief and Loss - General (2)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Job Transition (1)Apply Job Transition filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (4)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (3)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (2)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Personal Growth (4)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Pregnancy (1)Apply Pregnancy filter
- Procrastination (2)Apply Procrastination filter
- Retirement (1)Apply Retirement filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (3)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (3)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Brief Therapy (2)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Coaching (3)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (5)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Cross Cultural Therapy (1)Apply Cross Cultural Therapy filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- EMDR (2)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (3)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Family Systems (4)Apply Family Systems filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Grief and Loss - Complicated. (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Complicated. filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (5)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (2)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- Narrative Therapy (3)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (5)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (2)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Relaxation Therapy (1)Apply Relaxation Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (3)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter
- Telephone Counselling (3)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (2)Apply Video Counselling filter