Parent/Teen Conflict, Stepfamily Adjustment Counsellors
Parent/Teen Conflict, Stepfamily Adjustment
Parent teen conflict is one of the most common reasons why families opt for counselling. The adolescent years are fueled by raging hormones, insecurities, anxieties and mixed emotions for the teenagers, while the parents have to deal with precocious strangers who have invaded their little children's growing bodies.
Adolescence must be one of the most challenging stages a parent could face. Puberty brings on a range of changes, and growth spurts.
Suddenly, a sweet and caring child could turn disrespectful, defiant and disrespectful. A social butterfly could turn into a stranger who struggles to fit in with her peers, and an adoring, confident young man could become embarrassed to be seen near his mother. Anxiety is a very real symptom of adolescence, as is rebellion. A child who used to share everything with his parents might start hanging with a new group of friends that you don't know, and he might even start taking drugs.
Adults caught in the trap of parent teen conflict might feel saddened by the changes in their children. They might lose their temper and yell more than usual. They may even say things they later regret. Punishments are often ineffective, and parents usually feel guilty, thinking that they are not good parents. Anxiety over losing control over the teenager's behavior could lead to problems with other family members. Blame is a common pitfall that may lead to even more parent teen conflict.
Parent teen conflict requires professional help when the relationship seems to be getting worse instead of better. A range of therapies, including cognitive behavioural therapy, family therapy form part of effective parent teen conflict counselling.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers parent teen conflict therapy to address your relationship with your child you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Parent/Teen Conflict filterParent/Teen Conflict
- (-) Remove Stepfamily Adjustment filterStepfamily Adjustment
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Conflict (1)Apply Family Conflict filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mediation (1)Apply Mediation filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter