Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Sleep Difficulties-Children Counsellors
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Sleep Difficulties-Children
Through the media, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has become quite well known.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or as it's commonly known, OCD is a common anxiety disorder in which a person feels fear, worry, apprehension and other intrusive thoughts. Most people diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder report childhood onset of symptoms, which could lead to a range of ongoing anxiety disorders.
It is common for the person to perform repetitive behaviors that are meant to reduce anxiety. A person can develop a range of compulsions or obsessions. Someone who has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder will repeatedly check on things (such as locking doors, switching off lights, etc.), obsessively wash their hands or clean their homes excessively.
In some cases, a person might become preoccupied with religious, violent or sexual thoughts, or have relationship-based obsession. They may become averse to certain words or numbers and perform nervous rituals, such as performing a certain routine repeatedly.
To other people, a person with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder might seem paranoid. It could cause stress in a relationship or family, and could lead to severe financial or emotional distress. Since most people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder recognize their behavior as irrational, it can cause them even more distress.
Cognitive Behavioural therapy offers a range of techniques to assist people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. A specific technique used in OCD is exposure and response prevention (ERP). This technique teaches a person with OCD to gradually learn to tolerate the anxieties caused by not continuing the rituals. Counsellors perform this and other therapies in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers Obsessive Compulsive Disorder to help with your repetitive, compulsive behaviour issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Sleep difficulties are common, as most people experience it from time to time. Parents who are concerned that their children might have sleep issues should start finding answers by speaking to their pediatricians, who can diagnose any problems.
There are a wide range of issues that can contribute to sleep difficulties and it is important to address those issues to ensure that children can avoid the side effects of poor sleep. A lack of sleep can contribute to behavioural issues, poor concentration at school, hyperactivity, impulse control issues and irritability. A child or teenager who is experiencing sleep difficulties can be cranky, sleepy and poor-performing at school and unhappy, irritable and moody at home. It can cause a lot of problems in the home and also at school. It is important to get help for you child's sleep difficulties as soon as possible, as it could be serious.
Some of the most common issues that contribute to sleep difficulties in children include night terrors, sleep walking, bedwetting, sleep-onset anxiety, obstructive sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and delayed sleep-phase syndrome. Some of these conditions are serious and require urgent treatment. The newest of the issues to affect sleep include difficulties disengaging for smartphone or computer communications.
After having excluded medical issues, a child psychologist who offers sleep difficulties can help your child to work with any emotional and psychological issues that stops him or her from enjoying a good night's rest. Many different approaches can be used during individual counselling sessions, while family therapy can help the whole family gain insight into the problem. The psychologist or counsellor can help each family member to help the child who is experiencing sleep difficulties.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers counselling approaches to address your child's sleep difficulties and issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filterObsessive Compulsive Disorder
- (-) Remove Sleep Difficulties-Children filterSleep Difficulties-Children
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Brain Injury (1)Apply Brain Injury filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Sexual Assault (1)Apply Sexual Assault filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Vocational Assessment (1)Apply Vocational Assessment filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Child Centred Therapy (1)Apply Child Centred Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Divorce Mediation (1)Apply Divorce Mediation filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Life Stress Reduction (LSR) (1)Apply Life Stress Reduction (LSR) filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mediation (1)Apply Mediation filter
- Neurofeedback (1)Apply Neurofeedback filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter