Life Transitions, Professional Burnout Counsellors
Life Transitions, Professional Burnout
Life transitions can be rewarding, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily easy. Change usually comes with mixed emotions, challenges and stress. It's natural to feel anxious, confused, unsettled and fatigued, no matter how you have looked forward to a change. While promotions at work can be positive and exciting, there are also negative transitions that could make you feel hopeless and negative, anxious and unable to see the solutions to the inevitable problems you face.
Some of the common transitions that people face include moving house, divorce, remarriage, empty nest syndrome, concerns about aging, adjusting to a new job, illness, or death of a loved one.
During periods of transitions, it's common for emotions from some of your past experiences to be triggered, which can make the current situation feel so much worse. That's when confusion takes over, leaving you feeling out of control and confused.
Transition counselling can help you deal with your life changes and the emotions that you are feeling in a safe and effective manner. You will be able to find the root causes of your reactions and you will be able to face the changes head on. You may even be able to push past your self-imposed limits to broaden your horizons and find a strong, new you.
You will gain clarity and understanding, as well as self-confidence to help you feel more grounded and you will develop a sense of purpose in your life. Transition therapy has helped hundreds of thousands of people to come to terms with difficult issues in life and you can too.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who addresses transitions, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Professional burnout is becoming more common in people who have to carve careers in this competitive economy. While there are more and better opportunities for people to advance their careers, there are also more issues that add to stress in the workplace.
Typically, professional burnout is caused by issues such as endless tasks, under-employment, inadequate pay, difficult clients, bureaucracy, conflicting roles, and perfectionism. Some of the more difficult causes include deficits in emotional and social skills and conflicts between workplace and personal values.
A person who is dealing with professional burnout will usually feel extreme physical and emotional exhaustion, as the result of prolonged stressed. Cynicism and low levels of career satisfaction, or even indifference are common symptoms of professional burnout. People with professional burnout will struggle to concentrate and have poor problem solving abilities.
Professional burnout can cause a range of health problems as a result of chronic stress, and symptoms may include insomnia, headaches, and frequent colds. People often self-medicate and start using substances such as sleeping pills, alcohol, mood elevators or cigarettes, which pose more serious health risks.
A therapists who offers professional burnout will be able to help the person to identify issues that could lead to burnout. He or she will help identify stressors and find solutions, or even help you define the best career for you by using standardized tests that measure strengths and weaknesses.
Some careers predispose people to professional burnout, such as police officers, customer care consultants, lawyers, nurses, social workers and teachers. Emotional involvement in high stress environments make professional burnout prevalent in these professions.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers professional burnout counselling and other career-related issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Life Transitions filterLife Transitions
- (-) Remove Professional Burnout filterProfessional Burnout
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (6)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Cancer Care and Support (2)Apply Cancer Care and Support filter
- Career Issues (2)Apply Career Issues filter
- Caregiver Support (1)Apply Caregiver Support filter
- Chronic Illness (3)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Compassion Fatigue (3)Apply Compassion Fatigue filter
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression (1)Apply COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (1)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Death and Dying (2)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (6)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (3)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Caregiver Stress (3)Apply Family Caregiver Stress filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (4)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Grief and Loss - Pets (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Pets filter
- Grief and Loss - Prenatal (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Prenatal filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- Job Transition (1)Apply Job Transition filter
- Life Balance (2)Apply Life Balance filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (4)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Neurodiversity (1)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Perfectionism (3)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (3)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (2)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Postpartum Depression (2)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Pregnancy (1)Apply Pregnancy filter
- Procrastination (1)Apply Procrastination filter
- Retirement (1)Apply Retirement filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (4)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Spirituality (2)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (4)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (3)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (3)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Workplace Issues (2)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (2)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Coaching (3)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (3)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Cross Cultural Therapy (1)Apply Cross Cultural Therapy filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (2)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- EMDR (2)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (2)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Existential-Humanistic (1)Apply Existential-Humanistic filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Family Systems (4)Apply Family Systems filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (2)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Grief and Loss - Complicated. (1)Apply Grief and Loss - Complicated. filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (5)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- Narrative Therapy (2)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (4)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (2)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Relaxation Therapy (1)Apply Relaxation Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (3)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter
- Telephone Counselling (2)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (3)Apply Video Counselling filter