Learning Disabilities, Sleep Difficulties-Children Counsellors
Learning Disabilities, Sleep Difficulties-Children
Sleep difficulties are common, as most people experience it from time to time. Parents who are concerned that their children might have sleep issues should start finding answers by speaking to their pediatricians, who can diagnose any problems.
There are a wide range of issues that can contribute to sleep difficulties and it is important to address those issues to ensure that children can avoid the side effects of poor sleep. A lack of sleep can contribute to behavioural issues, poor concentration at school, hyperactivity, impulse control issues and irritability. A child or teenager who is experiencing sleep difficulties can be cranky, sleepy and poor-performing at school and unhappy, irritable and moody at home. It can cause a lot of problems in the home and also at school. It is important to get help for you child's sleep difficulties as soon as possible, as it could be serious.
Some of the most common issues that contribute to sleep difficulties in children include night terrors, sleep walking, bedwetting, sleep-onset anxiety, obstructive sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and delayed sleep-phase syndrome. Some of these conditions are serious and require urgent treatment. The newest of the issues to affect sleep include difficulties disengaging for smartphone or computer communications.
After having excluded medical issues, a child psychologist who offers sleep difficulties can help your child to work with any emotional and psychological issues that stops him or her from enjoying a good night's rest. Many different approaches can be used during individual counselling sessions, while family therapy can help the whole family gain insight into the problem. The psychologist or counsellor can help each family member to help the child who is experiencing sleep difficulties.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers counselling approaches to address your child's sleep difficulties and issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Learning Disabilities filterLearning Disabilities
- (-) Remove Sleep Difficulties-Children filterSleep Difficulties-Children
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Autism and Developmental Disorders (1)Apply Autism and Developmental Disorders filter
- Bullying - School (1)Apply Bullying - School filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Child Development (1)Apply Child Development filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Neurodiversity (1)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Child Centred Therapy (1)Apply Child Centred Therapy filter
- Coaching (1)Apply Coaching filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Expressive Arts Therapies (1)Apply Expressive Arts Therapies filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Play Therapy (1)Apply Play Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Vocational Counselling (1)Apply Vocational Counselling filter