Job Transition, Teen Adjustment Issues Counsellors
Job Transition, Teen Adjustment Issues
Job transition, like many other changes, can be stressful. Many people fear change and while a job transition is often an exciting prospect with additional perks and more money, it can still require some adjustments that might leave you feeling stressed, anxious and overwhelmed.
In some cases, job transitions are out of your control. When you are forced to take a transfer to a different department, there can be an increased workload with a lot of new processes and systems to learn. A transfer to another city is a major transition, particularly if you have to commute daily or weekly, or if it requires for you to move away ahead of your family. The stress of learning the ropes of a new job while getting used to living in a new home, in a new city and maintaining relationships with loved ones at home, could leave you wondering whether you have made the right decision.
Some career transitions are even more difficult. If downscaling, retrenchment or illness forced you to put your dream career on hold, or step away from it completely, it could leave you feeling hopeless and depressed.
Therapy is a must if your career has left you feeling stressed, overwhelmed, hopeless, bored, or depressed. With the help of a therapist and cognitive behavior therapy, you can gain a new perspective on your situation and regain the passion you once had. It can re-energize you emotionally and help you to turn your weaknesses into career-optimizing strengths. Most people spend about one third of their lives working and it is essential to make sure those hours are as happy as possible.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers career counselling to address job transition issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Teen adjustment issues start at a young age and can result in serious interpersonal problems at home and at school. It can affect the whole family, as well as friends and teachers. Teens today face incredible challenges and as parents it can be difficult to keep up with decisions healthy communication.
The scope of teen adjustment issues is wide, and ranges from dealing with new schools, ADHD and oppositional disorder, to gender identity problems, life skills, grief and loss, academic underachievement, sexual abuse, anxiety, depression and self-esteem. Peer pressure has always been a problem for teenagers, as has bullying.
At the same time, some parents are becoming less engaged with their children, while others are over-involved. It is becoming harder to find the balance and ways to handle their behaviours in a way that will encourage your teenagers to share their experiences with you. If your child is acting out and rebellious, you have lost control and it is time to get counselling.
Teen adjustment issues professionals can help your family to once again become a functioning unit where each member's needs are met in a healthy way. Many therapists have years of experience in working with teens of all ages and they commonly deal with teen adjustment issues, such as suicidal thoughts and attempts, drug use, self mutilation, and eating disorders, to name a few.
Counsellors provide a professional, yet safe and nurturing environment for teens to explore their issues and to help teens get back on track. Therapists can also help parents to find balance and create coping strategies and solutions for their children's teen adjustment issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers youth counselling to address your child's teen adjustment issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Job Transition filterJob Transition
- (-) Remove Teen Adjustment Issues filterTeen Adjustment Issues
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Career Issues (1)Apply Career Issues filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Learning Disabilities (1)Apply Learning Disabilities filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Vocational Assessment (1)Apply Vocational Assessment filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- School Psychology (1)Apply School Psychology filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter
- Vocational Counselling (1)Apply Vocational Counselling filter