Infidelity, Narcissistic Personality Disorder Counsellors
Infidelity, Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Infidelity affects many relationships every year, and unless a couple works through the situation, could spell the end of a relationship. In cases where couples decide to work through the issues of infidelity, there is often a lot of strain on the relationship and therapy can help to create a fresh start.
In recent decades, extramarital affairs have become very common and couples vow to love and be faithful till death do us part, keeping that promise is a rare occurrence. While this is a small consolation, it can help to remove some of the shame the victim of infidelity may feel. However, a partner's affair is not a sign of failure on the part of the victim.
Sometimes, the other partner may be completely surprised to learn of a partner's infidelity and it can leave that person feeling shocked, devastated, confused, betrayed, aggrieved, alone and jealous. The end of a relationship can be a huge adjustment, and many people seek therapy to help them heal, recover and move forward with their lives.
Choosing to continue with the relationship after an affair is a noble choice, provided the cheating partner intends to follow through and make some important changes. A therapist will gladly help the couple to work towards their goal by helping them to explore and express their emotions in a safe space. An important starting point in dealing with infidelity is to assess each partner's level of commitment to the relationship, and to verbalize it. Therapy will help the couple to develop strategies for repairing trust and to foresee potential pitfalls, and develop strategies to avoid any habits and temptations for future failure.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers couples counselling to address your or your partner's infidelity issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Infidelity filterInfidelity
- (-) Remove Narcissistic Personality Disorder filterNarcissistic Personality Disorder
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression (1)Apply COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Sleep Difficulties-Adults (1)Apply Sleep Difficulties-Adults filter
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Life Stress Reduction (LSR) (1)Apply Life Stress Reduction (LSR) filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter