Gender Identity Issues, Pre-Marital Counselling Counsellors
Gender Identity Issues, Pre-Marital Counselling
Gender identity issues can make a person feel that nature has played a cruel trick, leaving them living in a body and role that is contrary to what they feel inside. However, as society becomes more accepting of gay and lesbian individuals it is also becoming much easier for people to admit that they are transgender than ever before. However, therapy can help people with gender dysphoria to cope with gender identity issues.
Most people with gender dysphoria prefer the term transgender as they deal with the social expectations of living a life that is authentic to their own emotions while conforming to their birth gender.
Whether you are confused about the possibility that you might be transgender, or whether you have accepted the reality, it is a good idea to speak to a therapist. If you are considering gender reassignment surgery, therapy will help you prepare for the psychological impact of the decision.
Living in your gender of choice will take a lot of courage, as well as some experimentation. You will have to learn how to find a congruent appearance, and explore different ways for you to present your body so that it relates to your true gender.
Counselling from a therapist trained in gender identity issues will provide a nurturing and non-judgmental environment for you to explore your emotions, fears and feelings regarding what is happening for you. Individual and group therapies are common for gender dysphoric patients, while family therapy can help foster better communication, and understanding. Family therapy can help deal with conflicts that can arise from gender dysphoria.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers gender identity counselling to address your gender dysphoria issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Premarital counselling is the one aspect that most couples overlook during their wedding preparations. The wedding often takes precedence over the marriage, and couples fail to plan for their developing marriages. Premarital counselling can be a very helpful investment in a happy, loving married life.
People who come from different family backgrounds, experiences and mindsets deal with issues differently. Our different temperaments, values and personalities, as well as emotional baggage can play a major role in how we treat our partners and potential relationship issues. Premarital counselling provides a toolkit to help manage potentially harmful issues that stem from our differences. A good marriage requires not only trust and commitment, but partners should also be willing to assess their own processes, rather than laying the blame on their partner.
The purpose of premarital counselling is to prepare couples for the changing dynamics of married life. While a partner's quirks may be cute and adorable during the courting days, it may become irritating as time goes by. Premarital counselling provides an ideal opportunity for a couple to explore their relationship dynamics and to explore areas of potential conflict or issues. It will help them to develop the essential communication skills they will need to negotiate conflict.
Premarital counselling will help a couple to resolve their differences in a way that empowers the individuals while strengthening their emotional connection. Therapists use a number of strategies to help develop healthy and strong relationships by laying a firm foundation for a solid relationship. Premarital counselling helps to build a thriving marriage on the foundation of two healthy, conscious partners.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers premarital counselling and couple's issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Gender Identity Issues filterGender Identity Issues
- (-) Remove Pre-Marital Counselling filterPre-Marital Counselling
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Addictions - Sexual (1)Apply Addictions - Sexual filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Cross Cultural Issues (1)Apply Cross Cultural Issues filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Dreams (2)Apply Dreams filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Infidelity (2)Apply Infidelity filter
- Intimacy Issues (2)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (2)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Men's Issues (2)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Obesity (1)Apply Obesity filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Performance Enhancement (1)Apply Performance Enhancement filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexual Assault (1)Apply Sexual Assault filter
- Sexuality (2)Apply Sexuality filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor (1)Apply Suicide Ideation / Survivor filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Adlerian Therapy (2)Apply Adlerian Therapy filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Gestalt Therapy (1)Apply Gestalt Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Meditation (1)Apply Meditation filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Sex Therapy (2)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (2)Apply Video Counselling filter