Critical Incidents and Acute Stress, Job Transition Counsellors
Critical Incidents and Acute Stress, Job Transition
Job transition, like many other changes, can be stressful. Many people fear change and while a job transition is often an exciting prospect with additional perks and more money, it can still require some adjustments that might leave you feeling stressed, anxious and overwhelmed.
In some cases, job transitions are out of your control. When you are forced to take a transfer to a different department, there can be an increased workload with a lot of new processes and systems to learn. A transfer to another city is a major transition, particularly if you have to commute daily or weekly, or if it requires for you to move away ahead of your family. The stress of learning the ropes of a new job while getting used to living in a new home, in a new city and maintaining relationships with loved ones at home, could leave you wondering whether you have made the right decision.
Some career transitions are even more difficult. If downscaling, retrenchment or illness forced you to put your dream career on hold, or step away from it completely, it could leave you feeling hopeless and depressed.
Therapy is a must if your career has left you feeling stressed, overwhelmed, hopeless, bored, or depressed. With the help of a therapist and cognitive behavior therapy, you can gain a new perspective on your situation and regain the passion you once had. It can re-energize you emotionally and help you to turn your weaknesses into career-optimizing strengths. Most people spend about one third of their lives working and it is essential to make sure those hours are as happy as possible.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers career counselling to address job transition issues, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filterCritical Incidents and Acute Stress
- (-) Remove Job Transition filterJob Transition
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Creativity (1)Apply Creativity filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Gender Identity Issues (1)Apply Gender Identity Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Intimacy Issues (1)Apply Intimacy Issues filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Balance (1)Apply Life Balance filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Procrastination (1)Apply Procrastination filter
- Professional Burnout (1)Apply Professional Burnout filter
- School/Work Adjustment (1)Apply School/Work Adjustment filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Suicide Ideation / Survivor (1)Apply Suicide Ideation / Survivor filter
- Transgender Identity and Adaptation (1)Apply Transgender Identity and Adaptation filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Workplace Issues (1)Apply Workplace Issues filter
- Adlerian Therapy (1)Apply Adlerian Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Cross Cultural Therapy (1)Apply Cross Cultural Therapy filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Gestalt Therapy (1)Apply Gestalt Therapy filter
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (1)Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Sex Therapy (1)Apply Sex Therapy filter