Career Issues, Parent/Teen Conflict Counsellors
Career Issues, Parent/Teen Conflict
If you are facing a career transition and feeling overwhelmed, don't think you are alone. Choosing a career, whether it's your first time around, or whether you've been working for twenty years, is not easy. However, thousands of people do that every year with the help of therapists who address career issues.
During tough economic times, it's even more difficult to settle on a career. Your dream career may not be the financially sound option.
If you question your career, it is time to see a good counsellor t who does career counselling. Your career counsellor will help you find the answers to these questions, and more:
Do I see my work as a job, or a career?
Do I enjoy the activities that I perform on a daily basis?
Does my career align with my personal values?
Am I playing to my strengths?
Do I have the qualifications to pursue my dream career?
Do I perform better alone, or in a group environment?
Am I able to delegate?
Do I have management skills?
Other career issues that may affect you psychologically could include sexual harassment, retrenchment, or discrimination in the workplace.
A therapist will help you deal with career issues using cognitive behavioural therapy to address limiting beliefs and attitudes, and find a career in which you can thrive. He or she can also help you to identify resources and develop skills to help you achieve your career objectives. The therapist will also help you to develop coping skills during career transitions, or when dealing with difficult career issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who addresses career issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Parent teen conflict is one of the most common reasons why families opt for counselling. The adolescent years are fueled by raging hormones, insecurities, anxieties and mixed emotions for the teenagers, while the parents have to deal with precocious strangers who have invaded their little children's growing bodies.
Adolescence must be one of the most challenging stages a parent could face. Puberty brings on a range of changes, and growth spurts.
Suddenly, a sweet and caring child could turn disrespectful, defiant and disrespectful. A social butterfly could turn into a stranger who struggles to fit in with her peers, and an adoring, confident young man could become embarrassed to be seen near his mother. Anxiety is a very real symptom of adolescence, as is rebellion. A child who used to share everything with his parents might start hanging with a new group of friends that you don't know, and he might even start taking drugs.
Adults caught in the trap of parent teen conflict might feel saddened by the changes in their children. They might lose their temper and yell more than usual. They may even say things they later regret. Punishments are often ineffective, and parents usually feel guilty, thinking that they are not good parents. Anxiety over losing control over the teenager's behavior could lead to problems with other family members. Blame is a common pitfall that may lead to even more parent teen conflict.
Parent teen conflict requires professional help when the relationship seems to be getting worse instead of better. A range of therapies, including cognitive behavioural therapy, family therapy form part of effective parent teen conflict counselling.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers parent teen conflict therapy to address your relationship with your child you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Career Issues filterCareer Issues
- (-) Remove Parent/Teen Conflict filterParent/Teen Conflict
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Pornography (1)Apply Addictions - Pornography filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Stress and Trauma (1)Apply Child Stress and Trauma filter
- Critical Incidents and Acute Stress (1)Apply Critical Incidents and Acute Stress filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter