Cancer Care and Support, Personal Growth Counsellors
Cancer Care and Support, Personal Growth
Cancer care and support is essential after receiving a diagnosis. Someone who has just received a devastating diagnosis is bound to experience strong emotions and they may or may not be open to talking to friends or family. This can affect interpersonal relationships, as everyone around might feel afraid, directionless, numb and shocked. A person who has been diagnosed with cancer can find inner strength to face the road ahead by speaking to a counsellor who has experience with cancer.
People with cancer often try to be strong for their loved ones, despite the fear they themselves face. At the same time, relatives tend to be afraid of expressing their own thoughts and feelings. The load can be minimized for both the cancer patient and his or her family by speaking to a psychologist.
The general consensus is that a positive attitude is essential for fighting cancer, and while that is a great tool, it can do more harm than good. It implies that people who lose the battle against cancer were negative. Unfortunately, the positive attitude analogy leaves no room for exploring anxiety and fear, or the grief commonly associated with a diagnosis.
A psychologist or counsellor who is knowledgeable about cancer care and support is the partner of choice for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, as well as for their friends and family. The therapist will help people to understand the impacts of a cancer diagnosis and the treatments. A psychologist will ensure that you have all the emotional tools required to handle the challenges on the road to recovery.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers cancer care and support therapy to address your emotional issues related to cancer, you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Personal growth is an essential part of the human experience. Life is ever-changing and ever evolving, and as productive members of society, we have the responsibility to expand. This need and inevitability of constant change could cause us to feel a lack of security and stability.
Personal growth reflects the changes of life transitions and changes. It shows your desire and ability to be an active participant in life and in your journey as a human being.
There are many personal growth goals that will help you better deal with life changes and moving through the stages presented. Therapy can help you define your goals and determine ways for you to reach those personal growth outcomes that will help you become the person you want to be. The most important benefit of counselling is that it can help you to turn challenges into opportunities for personal growth.
Counselling can help you to improve interpersonal communication, overcome self-doubt, reach your potential, maximize your strengths, minimize weaknesses, achieve personal goals, manage time better, become more organized and improve your mindset. If you need to learn to say yes to life and no to unnecessary demands, abuse or mediocrity, personal growth counselling is for you.
Personal growth counselling will help you assess where you find yourself right now, and where you want to go. It will help you find the path to your personal growth success through exploring your strengths and weaknesses, as well as your current behaviors and beliefs. A therapist will guide you through your own inner wisdom to find your path to success.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers personal growth to help identify your stumbling blocks to success and other issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Cancer Care and Support filterCancer Care and Support
- (-) Remove Personal Growth filterPersonal Growth
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Autism and Developmental Disorders (1)Apply Autism and Developmental Disorders filter
- Caregiver Support (1)Apply Caregiver Support filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Family Caregiver Stress (1)Apply Family Caregiver Stress filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Life Transitions (1)Apply Life Transitions filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Energy Psychotherapy (1)Apply Energy Psychotherapy filter
- Focusing (1)Apply Focusing filter
- Gestalt Therapy (1)Apply Gestalt Therapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Relational Psychotherapy (1)Apply Relational Psychotherapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter