Anger Management Issues, Trauma Counselling Counsellors
Anger Management Issues, Trauma Counselling
Trauma counselling can assist with a wide range of internal emotional reactions to devastating situations. Some people experience things as more traumatic than others, and therefore they will need help in coping the emotional burdens of an event or situation.
Stressful events such as death of a loved one, rape, abuse, accidents, divorce, violence or bullying can leave people unable to cope or process the emotional burdens. However, it is not only events linked to the individual personally, but also being a witness to events that might leave a person with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This includes being a victim to violence or natural disasters - there is no limit to the causes of trauma.
In the case of PTSD, people can develop many different psychological reactions, as determined by their own coping skills, emotional stability and background. Symptoms of PTSD include a anger, depression, flashbacks, insomnia, nightmares, social withdrawal, loss of self esteem and confidence, and substance abuse.
It takes a strong person to have the courage to stand up and request trauma counselling. This is no time to compare yourself to other people in similar situations, but rather to recognize that everyone has a different reaction to trauma. Therefore, it is important to address the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder as soon as possible to help you deal with emotions in a healthy way and to overcome the difficulties you are facing. Trauma counselling can help avert potentially more severe psychological disorders, that can occur if PTSD is left untreated.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who provides trauma counselling to address your posttraumatic stress management issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Anger Management Issues filterAnger Management Issues
- (-) Remove Trauma Counselling filterTrauma Counselling
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Brain Injury (1)Apply Brain Injury filter
- Bullying - Workplace (1)Apply Bullying - Workplace filter
- Cancer Care and Support (1)Apply Cancer Care and Support filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Eating Disorders (1)Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Family Issues (1)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self Harming Practices (1)Apply Self Harming Practices filter
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Hypnotherapy (1)Apply Hypnotherapy filter
- Imago Relationship Therapy (1)Apply Imago Relationship Therapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Pain Management (1)Apply Pain Management filter
- Relaxation Therapy (1)Apply Relaxation Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter