Addiction - Internet, Teen Adjustment Issues Counsellors
Addiction - Internet, Teen Adjustment Issues
Internet Addiction is a very real and debilitating condition which is affecting more people every day. While the internet helps improve productivity by allowing us to get things done more quickly, internet addiction can have drastic effects when it interferes with day-to-day activities, work and relationships with family and friends. The first sign of internet addiction is usually the fact that you are more comfortable with your online friends than those people who are physically close to you, or when you are compulsively checking your social media accounts, or playing games online.
Internet addiction often includes co-occurring impulse-control conditions, including cybersex and/or relationship addiction, and internet gambling addiction. Addiction to offline games forms part of computer addiction, which falls under the same spectrum of disorders.
Symptoms of IAD (internet addiction disorder) don't only affect relationships and interfere with daily life and relationships, If you are addicted to the internet or computer, you may experience sudden weight loss or weight gain, and sleep disturbances.
Therapists and addiction counsellors can use cognitive-behavioral therapy to help you to balance out your internet use and put an end to compulsive behaviors. They will help you to find healthier coping mechanisms to deal with depression, stress and anxiety. Marriage counseling can help your partner to deal with the effects of cybersex and help you as a couple to reconnect and fulfill your social and emotional needs.
If you need a counsellor or psychologist to help you address the effects of internet addiction, you can scroll down the page to find a professional with the approach best suited to your situation.
Teen adjustment issues start at a young age and can result in serious interpersonal problems at home and at school. It can affect the whole family, as well as friends and teachers. Teens today face incredible challenges and as parents it can be difficult to keep up with decisions healthy communication.
The scope of teen adjustment issues is wide, and ranges from dealing with new schools, ADHD and oppositional disorder, to gender identity problems, life skills, grief and loss, academic underachievement, sexual abuse, anxiety, depression and self-esteem. Peer pressure has always been a problem for teenagers, as has bullying.
At the same time, some parents are becoming less engaged with their children, while others are over-involved. It is becoming harder to find the balance and ways to handle their behaviours in a way that will encourage your teenagers to share their experiences with you. If your child is acting out and rebellious, you have lost control and it is time to get counselling.
Teen adjustment issues professionals can help your family to once again become a functioning unit where each member's needs are met in a healthy way. Many therapists have years of experience in working with teens of all ages and they commonly deal with teen adjustment issues, such as suicidal thoughts and attempts, drug use, self mutilation, and eating disorders, to name a few.
Counsellors provide a professional, yet safe and nurturing environment for teens to explore their issues and to help teens get back on track. Therapists can also help parents to find balance and create coping strategies and solutions for their children's teen adjustment issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers youth counselling to address your child's teen adjustment issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Addiction - Internet filterAddiction - Internet
- (-) Remove Teen Adjustment Issues filterTeen Adjustment Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Death and Dying (1)Apply Death and Dying filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Dissociative Disorders (1)Apply Dissociative Disorders filter
- Men's Issues (1)Apply Men's Issues filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Perfectionism (1)Apply Perfectionism filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Self-Esteem Issues (1)Apply Self-Esteem Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- AEDP (1)Apply AEDP filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Group Therapy (1)Apply Group Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) (1)Apply Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psycho-Educational Groups (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Groups filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Telephone Counselling (1)Apply Telephone Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter