Counselling Victoria - Grandparenting Issues, Marriage and/or Relationship Issues Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Victoria
Counselling Victoria contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Victoria area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to address anger management issues, depression, anxiety and relationship issues.
Victoria consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Victoria: Burnside Gorge, Downtown, Fairfield/Gonzales, Fernwood, Harris Green, Hillside-Quadra, James Bay, North and South Jubilee, North Park, Oaklands, Rockland, Victoria West
Esquimalt: Kinsmen Park, Gorge Vale, Rockheights, Old Esquimalt, Saxe Point
Oak Bay: Henderson, Uplands, Estevan, North Oak Bay, South Oak Bay, Gonzales
Saanich East: Cordova Bay, Sunnymead, Broadmead, Mt. Doug, Gordon Head, Blenkinsop, Lambrick Park, Lake Hill, High Quadra, Arbutus, Queenswood, Ten Mile Point, Cadboro Bay, Camosun, Mt. Tolmie, Cedar Hill, Quadra, Swan Lake, Maplewood
Saanich West: Willis Point, West Saanich, Elk Lake, Prospect Lake, Beaver Lake, Royal Oak, Northridge, Layritz, Interurban, Glanford, Strawberry Vale, Granville, Marigold, Tillicum, Gateway, Rudd Park, Gorge, Portage Inlet
Central Saanich: Inlet, Saanichton, Hawthorne, Turgoose, Island View, Martindale, Tanner, Keating, Oldfield, Brentwood Bay
View Royal: Prior Lake, Hospital, Six Mile, View Royal, Glentana
Colwood: Colwood Corners, Colwood Lake, Royal Roads, Hatley Park, Sun Ridge, Wishart North, Triangle, Wishart South, Lagoon, Royal Bay, Latoria, Olympic View
Langford: Goldstream, Humpback, Bear Mountain, Thetis Heights, Florence Lake, Mill Hill, Atkins, Fairway, Langford Proper, Langford Lake, Glen Lake, Luxton, Walfred, Happy Valley, Olympic View
Metchosin: Neild, Olympic View, Albert Head, Metchosin, Kangaroo, Rocky Point, William Head, Pedder Bay
Sooke: Port Renfrew, Jordan River, French Beach, Sheringham Point
North Saanich: Deep Cove, Lands End, Swartz Bay, Curteis Point, McDonald Park, Sandown, Airport, Ardmore, Coles Bay, Dean Park, Bazan Bay
These Victoria counselling professionals have designations from the following list:
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Registered Psychologist (R Psych), Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Registered Art Therapist (BCATR).
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Victoria to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Victoria to unselect it and choose another city.
Grandparenting Issues, Marriage and/or Relationship Issues
Entering into a relationship means merging your life with another person, understanding his or her flaws, quirks and beliefs. With marriage rates declining and divorce statistics set at 50%, it is clear that people are increasingly challenged by marriage and relationship issues, and many lack effective ways to address them. So how can we bridge the gap to understanding our partners better and enjoying romantic bliss?
Many factors affect the interpersonal relationship between two partners who are a couple and sometimes it's hard to see the cause of conflict or friction in a relationship. While some people find divorce to be the best or only option, other people speak to counsellors and psychologists in a bid to try salvage the relationship.
Signs that indicate a need for couples counselling include poor communication in a relationship, affairs, living past one another, inability to resolve marriage of couples' issues, and acting out negative feelings. When divorce seems like the only option, or if a couple is staying together for the kids' sake, that's a sure sign that therapy is needed.
Therapists do not necessarily believe that all marriages can be salvaged, but counselling can often help even some of the most challenged relationships. Through talk therapy, the couple will discover again why they fell in love and what they can do to get back to that place in their marriage. They use a range of effective, proven methods to help couples in any situation to restore intimacy and move past the hurt and wounds to a safe and comfortable place.
The concrete tools used by marriage therapists provide guidance in a supportive and encouraging setting and empower clients to restructure their thoughts and emotions. It helps the couple to work with each other, instead of on one another, helping each individual to find the person he or she is at the core level and to build a happy union.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who works with couples you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Grandparenting Issues filterGrandparenting Issues
- (-) Remove Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filterMarriage and/or Relationship Issues
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Chronic Illness (1)Apply Chronic Illness filter
- Compassion Fatigue (1)Apply Compassion Fatigue filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- LGBTQ Issues (1)Apply LGBTQ Issues filter
- Personal Growth (1)Apply Personal Growth filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Critical Incident Stress Management (1)Apply Critical Incident Stress Management filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Feminist Psychotherapy (1)Apply Feminist Psychotherapy filter
- Internal Family Systems (1)Apply Internal Family Systems filter
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (1)Apply Interpersonal Psychotherapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter