Counselling North Vancouver - Family Issues, Teen Adjustment Issues Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in North Vancouver
Counselling North Vancouver contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the North Vancouver area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. The therapists on this page work with individuals, couples and families using a range of effective approaches. Regardless of whether you are looking for individual counselling, marriage counselling or family therapy you will be able to find an effective therapist here.
These North Vancouver counselling therapists have designations from the following list:
Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Registered Psychologist (R Psych), Registered Social Worker (RSW), Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC), American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT), Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Registered Art Therapist (BCATR).
North Vancouver consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Grouse Woods, Canyon Heights, Capilano Highlands, Capilano, Pemberton Heights, Pemberton, Norgate, Forest Hills, Delbrook, Hamilton, Upper Lonsdale, Central Lonsdale, Lower Lonsdale, Braemar, Tempe, Boulevard, Queensbury, Lynn Valley, Westlynn, Calverhall, Lynnmour, Seymour, Blueridge, Windsor Park, Indian River, Roche Point, Woodlands S.C., Deep Cove, Dollarton
Explore the information within the counselling listings for North Vancouver to get a better sense of which counsellor or Counselling Psychologist might be a match for you.
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for North Vancouver to unselect it and choose another city.
Family Issues, Teen Adjustment Issues
Family and Systemic Psychotherapy uses the close interpersonal relationships between family members to help one another. The key to dealing with family issues is to help couples, family members or siblings to explore difficult emotions and thoughts in a safe manner. It helps each member to understand and acknowledge one another's emotions and allow them to express it safely, and in an effective manner.
Family therapy has been shown to be effective for people of all ages who are experiencing family issues or problems in their key systems (relationships) with people with whom they are close. It helps to build relationships and boosts the strengths and self-esteem of everyone in the system. Your family might need intervention if members have substance abuse problems, violent outbursts, if the family experienced a trauma, if a close family member died or if the family is not functioning at its normal capacity.
This type of therapy enables people to work with one another, instead of on one another and enables families to talk about issues that are causing distress without disrespecting emotions. Instead, it invites engagement of the family members in order to support recovery.
Therapists who address family issues use a range of different approaches to bring about the best results. While group therapy will probably take place once weekly, where the family will all meet with the therapist, individual sessions might be required too. This provides a great supplement to the family therapy work and is an ideal place for individuals to express their personal family issues that are hard to discuss in front of everyone.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who does family counselling you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Teen adjustment issues start at a young age and can result in serious interpersonal problems at home and at school. It can affect the whole family, as well as friends and teachers. Teens today face incredible challenges and as parents it can be difficult to keep up with decisions healthy communication.
The scope of teen adjustment issues is wide, and ranges from dealing with new schools, ADHD and oppositional disorder, to gender identity problems, life skills, grief and loss, academic underachievement, sexual abuse, anxiety, depression and self-esteem. Peer pressure has always been a problem for teenagers, as has bullying.
At the same time, some parents are becoming less engaged with their children, while others are over-involved. It is becoming harder to find the balance and ways to handle their behaviours in a way that will encourage your teenagers to share their experiences with you. If your child is acting out and rebellious, you have lost control and it is time to get counselling.
Teen adjustment issues professionals can help your family to once again become a functioning unit where each member's needs are met in a healthy way. Many therapists have years of experience in working with teens of all ages and they commonly deal with teen adjustment issues, such as suicidal thoughts and attempts, drug use, self mutilation, and eating disorders, to name a few.
Counsellors provide a professional, yet safe and nurturing environment for teens to explore their issues and to help teens get back on track. Therapists can also help parents to find balance and create coping strategies and solutions for their children's teen adjustment issues.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers youth counselling to address your child's teen adjustment issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Family Issues filterFamily Issues
- (-) Remove Teen Adjustment Issues filterTeen Adjustment Issues
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD (1)Apply Attention Deficit Disorder - ADHD filter
- Caregiver Support (1)Apply Caregiver Support filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Family Caregiver Stress (1)Apply Family Caregiver Stress filter
- First Nations Issues (1)Apply First Nations Issues filter
- Neurodiversity (1)Apply Neurodiversity filter
- Parent/Teen Conflict (1)Apply Parent/Teen Conflict filter
- Parenting Issues (1)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Postpartum Depression (1)Apply Postpartum Depression filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies (1)Apply ADD and ADHD Coping Strategies filter
- Adolescent Therapy (1)Apply Adolescent Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (1)Apply Dialectical Behaviour Therapy filter
- Emotion Focused Therapy (1)Apply Emotion Focused Therapy filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (1)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- Narrative Therapy (1)Apply Narrative Therapy filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter