Counselling Maple Ridge - Addictions - Sexual Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Maple Ridge
Counselling Maple Ridge contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Maple Ridge area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise.
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Maple Ridge to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
Maple Ridge consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Albion, Cottonwood, East Central, North Maple Ridge, Northeast, Northwest Maple Ridge, Silver Valley, Southwest Maple Ridge, Thornhill, Websters Corners, West Central, Whonnock
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Maple Ridge to unselect it and choose another city.
Addictions - Sexual
Sexual addiction relates to any sex-related compulsive behaviors that are performed regardless of the consequences to the individual, his or her family, friends or work environment. Sex becomes a priority, ahead of everything else, and at all costs. It also refers to a dependency or compulsion relating to sexual acts and it can dominate the individual's life.
People with sexual addiction will spend a lot of time thinking about sex, masturbating compulsively, having multiple affairs, using pornography consistently, and performing unsafe sex. It can also take on a darker side when it involves rape or molestation, incest, sexual harassment, voyeurism, and using prostitutes.
Therapists can assist with sexual addiction by examining the person's behavior and sexual history. Many people with sexual addictions may have experienced abuse as children or adolescents and a therapist will explore those issues to help the person identify his or her thought patterns and danger zones.
Support groups have been shown to be effective in dealing with sexual addiction, though establishing a support network and accountability circle.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist to address your sexual addiction you may want to search through the list of names below to find a therapist who will be right for you.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Addictions - Sexual filterAddictions - Sexual
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (1)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Grief and Loss - General (1)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (1)Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Trauma Counselling (1)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (1)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (1)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Video Counselling (1)Apply Video Counselling filter