Counselling Nelson - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Nelson
Maple Ridge, Nelson
Counselling Maple Ridge contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Maple Ridge area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise.
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Maple Ridge to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
Maple Ridge consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Albion, Cottonwood, East Central, North Maple Ridge, Northeast, Northwest Maple Ridge, Silver Valley, Southwest Maple Ridge, Thornhill, Websters Corners, West Central, Whonnock
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Maple Ridge to unselect it and choose another city.
Counselling Nelson contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Nelson area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Nelson to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
Nelson consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Fairview, Uphill, Downtown, North Shore, Bonnington, Mountain Station, Rosemont, Lower Six Mile, 6 Mile
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Nelson to unselect it and choose another city.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is an anxiety disorder that usually starts within the three months of a traumatic incident. It has been reported that in rare cases, PTSD symptoms may only occur after a number of years.
Three groups of symptoms are present in people with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Increased anxiety / emotional arousal includes anger or irritability, overwhelming shame or guilt, sleeplessness and self-destructive behaviour. The second group of symptoms, known as intrusive memories, causes flashbacks to the traumatic event and upsetting dreams. The third group of symptoms that a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder patient may experience, includes emotional numbing or avoidance. This group of symptoms includes memory problems, poor concentration, feeling emotionally numb, a sense of hopelessness, and an avoidance of activities that the person used to find enjoyable.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder symptoms may be present for a while, disappear and then return again. General stress may increase the symptoms, as can reminders of the traumatic incident.
Therapists who address Post Traumatic Stress Disorder generally use one, or a combination of trauma therapies to treat it. Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) is commonly used and can help a person to change their reactions to traumatic memories.
Exposure therapy can help a person reduce the amount of fear related to the feelings and thoughts associated with past traumatic events. Cognitive therapy helps a person to change the way he or she thinks about the event and the aftermath of a traumatic incident. It will help a person to identify thoughts that cause fear and anger, and learn ways to replace those thoughts with less stressful and more empowering thoughts.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist who offers Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and related issues you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Maple Ridge filterMaple Ridge
- (-) Remove Nelson filterNelson
- Abbotsford (5)Apply Abbotsford filter
- Burnaby (18)Apply Burnaby filter
- Campbell River (1)Apply Campbell River filter
- Chilliwack (4)Apply Chilliwack filter
- Comox (1)Apply Comox filter
- Coquitlam (8)Apply Coquitlam filter
- Courtenay (1)Apply Courtenay filter
- Delta (5)Apply Delta filter
- Duncan (5)Apply Duncan filter
- Fort Langley (4)Apply Fort Langley filter
- Gibsons (1)Apply Gibsons filter
- Kelowna (4)Apply Kelowna filter
- Langley (13)Apply Langley filter
- Nanaimo (7)Apply Nanaimo filter
- New Westminster (2)Apply New Westminster filter
- North Vancouver (9)Apply North Vancouver filter
- Port Coquitlam (1)Apply Port Coquitlam filter
- Port Moody (12)Apply Port Moody filter
- Richmond (4)Apply Richmond filter
- South Surrey (9)Apply South Surrey filter
- Squamish (2)Apply Squamish filter
- Sunshine Coast (5)Apply Sunshine Coast filter
- Surrey (19)Apply Surrey filter
- Tsawwassen (2)Apply Tsawwassen filter
- Vancouver (113)Apply Vancouver filter
- Downtown (24)Apply Downtown filter
- East Side (5)Apply East Side filter
- Fairview (4)Apply Fairview filter
- Grandview-Woodland (2)Apply Grandview-Woodland filter
- Kitsilano (7)Apply Kitsilano filter
- Mount Pleasant (5)Apply Mount Pleasant filter
- Oakridge (1)Apply Oakridge filter
- Renfrew - Collingwood (2)Apply Renfrew - Collingwood filter
- Riley Park (1)Apply Riley Park filter
- Shaugnessy (1)Apply Shaugnessy filter
- Victoria - Fraserview (1)Apply Victoria - Fraserview filter
- West End (5)Apply West End filter
- Yaletown (3)Apply Yaletown filter
- Victoria (25)Apply Victoria filter
- West Vancouver (3)Apply West Vancouver filter
- White Rock (5)Apply White Rock filter
- (-) Remove Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filterPost Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual (2)Apply Abuse - Emotional, Physical, Sexual filter
- Addictions - Including Substances (1)Apply Addictions - Including Substances filter
- Addictions - Sexual (1)Apply Addictions - Sexual filter
- Adolescent Issues (1)Apply Adolescent Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (3)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Child Behaviour (1)Apply Child Behaviour filter
- Chronic Pain (1)Apply Chronic Pain filter
- Depression (3)Apply Depression filter
- Family Issues (2)Apply Family Issues filter
- Grief and Loss - General (3)Apply Grief and Loss - General filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (2)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Parenting Issues (2)Apply Parenting Issues filter
- Phobias (1)Apply Phobias filter
- Sexual Assault (1)Apply Sexual Assault filter
- Sexuality (1)Apply Sexuality filter
- Spirituality (1)Apply Spirituality filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Teen Adjustment Issues (1)Apply Teen Adjustment Issues filter
- Trauma Counselling (3)Apply Trauma Counselling filter
- Women's Issues (1)Apply Women's Issues filter
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (1)Apply Acceptance & Commitment Therapy filter
- Body Centred Psychotherapy (1)Apply Body Centred Psychotherapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (2)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- EMDR (1)Apply EMDR filter
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) filter
- Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals (1)Apply Emotionally Focused Therapy - Individuals filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Family Therapy (2)Apply Family Therapy filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (2)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (2)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Motivational Interviewing (1)Apply Motivational Interviewing filter
- ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING (3)Apply ONLINE / VIRTUAL / TELEHEALTH COUNSELLING filter
- Psycho-Educational Assessment (1)Apply Psycho-Educational Assessment filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter
- Satir Therapy (1)Apply Satir Therapy filter
- Sex Therapy (1)Apply Sex Therapy filter
- Solution Focused Therapy (2)Apply Solution Focused Therapy filter
- Somatic Experiencing (1)Apply Somatic Experiencing filter
- Spiritual Counselling (1)Apply Spiritual Counselling filter
- Video Counselling (2)Apply Video Counselling filter