Counselling Langley - Grief and Loss - General Counsellors, Psychologists, Therapists in Langley
Counselling Langley contains information about counsellors, psychologists, and therapists in the Langley area. These counsellors, psychologists, and therapists may assist individuals, couples and/or families. As is typical with trained counselling professionals they may vary in their areas of expertise. Many will be able to provide anger management counselling, depression counselling, anxiety counselling, marriage counselling, and trauma counselling.
Explore the information within the counselling listings for Langley to get a better sense of which counselling professional might be a match for you.
Langley consists of the following neighbourhoods:
Aldergrove, Brookswood, Fernridge, Fort Langley, Milner, Murrayville, Walnut Grove, Willoughby, Willowbrook, Nicomekl, Douglas, Simonds, Blacklock, Uplands, Alice Brown
If you want to search a nearby city then click on the check mark for Langley to unselect it and choose another city.
Grief and Loss - General
Grief is a natural part of dealing with the loss of a loved one, or a situation, or a way in which we see ourselves. Loss requires that we change the way things used to be and find a new way to restructure our lives accordingly. It's common for people to fear change, particularly if a part of us, or a person we loved deeply, is no longer there. It leaves a gap that has to be filled, but nothing can replace the person who has left us behind.
People deal with loss in many different ways, but the desired end result is the same - trying to piece together the puzzle to the best of our ability, without the missing piece. We also go through the various stages of grief at varying speeds and intensities. Dealing with all the emotions that form part of grief is what makes support so very important.
Time is of the essence during the grieving period, and something we sometimes tend to rush. That's why it's so useful to speak to a therapist who does grief counselling during this time.
A therapist will help you understand that what you are feeling is completely normal and even expected. Medical professionals are aware of the wide range of natural responses to grief and loss and are generally reluctant to diagnose mental illness while a person is in a period of bereavement. However, if depression is present, medication is likely to be prescribed.
Grief therapy will help you to accept the loss and be able to talk about it without breaking down. You will learn to identify and express your emotions regarding the loss and learn to make decisions without your loved one.
If you are looking for a counsellor or psychologist does grief counselling to address your grief and loss you may want to search the directory to find a professional whose approach will suit you best.
Note: You may narrow your search by selecting more than one filter below.
- (-) Remove Langley filterLangley
- Abbotsford (1)Apply Abbotsford filter
- Burnaby (1)Apply Burnaby filter
- Chilliwack (1)Apply Chilliwack filter
- Coquitlam (1)Apply Coquitlam filter
- Maple Ridge (2)Apply Maple Ridge filter
- New Westminster (1)Apply New Westminster filter
- North Vancouver (1)Apply North Vancouver filter
- Port Coquitlam (1)Apply Port Coquitlam filter
- Port Moody (2)Apply Port Moody filter
- Richmond (1)Apply Richmond filter
- Saltspring Island (1)Apply Saltspring Island filter
- Vancouver (22)Apply Vancouver filter
- Victoria (3)Apply Victoria filter
- White Rock (2)Apply White Rock filter
- (-) Remove Grief and Loss - General filterGrief and Loss - General
- Anger Management Issues (1)Apply Anger Management Issues filter
- Anxiety and/or Panic (1)Apply Anxiety and/or Panic filter
- Depression (1)Apply Depression filter
- Divorce and/or Separation (1)Apply Divorce and/or Separation filter
- Marriage and/or Relationship Issues (1)Apply Marriage and/or Relationship Issues filter
- Stress Management (1)Apply Stress Management filter
- Brief Therapy (1)Apply Brief Therapy filter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (1)Apply Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) filter
- Communication Skills Training (1)Apply Communication Skills Training filter
- Family Systems (1)Apply Family Systems filter
- Humanistic Therapy (1)Apply Humanistic Therapy filter
- Integrative Psychotherapy (1)Apply Integrative Psychotherapy filter
- Marriage & Couples Counselling (1)Apply Marriage & Couples Counselling filter
- Mindfulness approaches (1)Apply Mindfulness approaches filter
- Psychodynamic Therapy (1)Apply Psychodynamic Therapy filter